News: Merck & Co Inc (MRK.N)
24 Dec 2014
Tue, Dec 23 2014
(Corrects second paragraph to say "scholarships funded by Merck, Zoetis, Cargill and others this year.")
CHICAGO - For months, Vanderbilt University researcher Dr. James Crowe has been desperately seeking access to the blood of U.S. Ebola survivors, hoping to extract the proteins that helped them overcome the deadly virus for use in new, potent drugs. | Video
* GSK vaccine cuts risk of shingles by 97.2 pct in over 50s
- Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Inc said its antibiotic to treat complicated intra-abdominal infections was as effective as Merck & Co Inc's ertapenem in a late-stage study.
* Shares rise 17.5 pct in extended trading (Adds details from conference call, analyst quotes)
Dec 17 - Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Inc said its antibiotic drug to treat complicated intra-abdominal infections was as effective as Merck & co Inc's ertapenem in a late-stage study.
NEW YORK, Dec 15 - Merck & Co Inc is approaching banks about an $8 billion, 364-day bridge loan that will back the drugmaker's plans to acquire Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc, sources told Thomson Reuters LPC.
(Corrects paragraph 4 to say Merck Ltd is a unit of Merck KGaA, not Merck & Co Inc)
* Lausanne says safety data "satisfactory" in GSK vaccine trial (Adds statement on GSK Ebola vaccine, new paras 4-7)
* Further funding of up to $90 mln to help vaccine roll-out (Wraps stories on GAVI funding, NewLink vaccine trial, adds GAVI CEO comment)
- Aerie: A Brilliant Future, Derisking In Progress, And The Making Of A Major Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical
- Who Is The Devil? Will Gilead Fall Or Soar In 2015?
- Achillion Pharma Takeout Less Likely Following Subpar Hep C Drug Results
- Zoetis: Betting The Proverbial Farm?
- Seeking Alpha's Biotech Weekly: A Merck Purchase, Spectacular Auspex, And More
- Doug Loe: Canada Has Earned Its Spot In The Biotech All-Star Team Photo
- Merck Begins Tender Offer to Acquire Cubist
- Merck Acquires OncoEthix, a Privately Held Oncology Company Developing Novel BET Inhibitors for Hematological and Solid Cancers
- CUBIST PHARMACEUTICALS INVESTOR ALERT: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Announces the Investigation of Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Over the Proposed Sale of the Company to Merck & Co. Inc. - CBST
- Technical Data on Pharma Stocks - Pfizer, Merck, AbbVie, Akorn, and The Medicines
- Merck Announces Appointment of Dr. Julie Gerberding as Executive Vice President for Strategic Communications, Global Public Policy and Population Health
- International Breast Cancer Study Group, Breast International Group and Merck Announce Opening of International PANACEA Study of Patients with HER2+ Breast Cancer
- Data Investigating KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab), Merck’s Anti-PD-1 Therapy, in Patients with Advanced Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Presented at 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Acquisition of Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (CBST) by Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) May Not Be in Shareholders' Best Interests
- Merck Statement Regarding CUBICIN Patent Litigation
- CUBIST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces Investigation Of Buyout