News: Marathon Oil Corp (MRO)
28 Jul 2014
Mon, Jun 2 2014
(New throughout, adds comment from executive, background on tubular steel trade case.)
* To finance deal through bank loan, rights issue (Adds detail, analysts, valuation, share reaction)
LONDON/BEIJING - Signs of an economic revival in China have raised hopes that Beijing's targeted measures to bolster growth are having an impact, but a slowdown in the euro zone will increase expectations of policy easing there. (GLOBAL-ECONOMY/(WRAPUP 2), expect by 1030 GMT/6.30 AM ET, by Jonathan Cable and Aileen Wang, 700 words)
OSLO, June 2 - Energy firm Det norske has agreed to buy Marathon Oil Corp's Norwegian business for $2.1 billion in cash and has secured the financing needed to pay for its share of the $20 billion Johan Sverdrup field in the North Sea, it said on Monday.
HELSINKI, June 2 - The following stocks may be affected by newspaper reports and other factors on Monday:
OSLO, June 2 - Norwegian oil and gas firm Det norske agreed to take over Marathon Oil's Norwegian business for $2.1 billion in cash, increasing its output by around 80,000 barrels per day, the firms said on Monday.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp is poised to expand its growing Midwest and Gulf Coast fuel trading operation to the East Coast with Thursday's deal to buy Hess Corp's retail network and transport contracts.
May 22 - Marathon Petroleum Corp is poised to expand its growing Midwest and Gulf Coast fuel trading operation to the East Coast with Thursday's deal to buy Hess Corp's retail network and transport contracts.
THOMSON REUTERS, May 20,2014 - Corporate Meetings for US companies for Week ahead. S&P 500 Earnings - Weekly S&P 500 Earnings - Day Ahead Non S&P 500 - Weekly Non S&P 500 - Day Ahead ConferenceCall/Webcast - Weekly ConferenceCall/Webcast - Day S&P 500 Earnings - Monthly Meetings - Day Ahead Economic Indicators Dividends Daily earnings hits & misses Federal Rese
MOSCOW, May 14 - Russian steelmaker Severstal said on Wednesday it was considering a range of strategic options in relation to its North American operations.
- Dollar Tree, Family Dollar Merge, Coach & Herbalife Earnings, Jim's Marathon
- Big Swing Trade Ideas for Thursday, July 17: FedEx, Marathon, More
- Dividend Challengers: 24 Increases Expected By September 30
- 3 Best Bets With 15% Or More Upside
- Marathon Oil: Focusing More On Unconventional Plays
- Exporting Crude Oil: A Short-Tem Windfall And A Long-Term Question Mark For Pioneer Natural Resources
- Marathon Oil Schedules Second Quarter 2014 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Launch of New Services, Business Mergers, Upcoming Earnings, CSR Report, and Quarterly Dividends - Analyst Notes on Halliburton, Nabors, Williams, Marathon Oil and Devon Energy
- Senior Level Appointments, New Contracts, CSR Reports, and Merger Arrangements - Analyst Notes on Occidental Petroleum, DuPont, Halliburton, Marathon Oil and Weatherford International
- Oil, Gas and Consumable Fuels Stocks Technical Data -- Research on Marathon Oil, Forest Oil, Ivanhoe Energy, and Kosmos Energy
- Marathon Oil Publishes 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report
- Upcoming Results, Asset Sale, and Acquisitions - Analyst Notes on Halliburton, Marathon Oil, Vale, Pioneer and Seadrill
- Marathon Oil Announces $2.7 Billion Sale of Norway Business
- Active Stocks at a Glance -- Research on Starbucks, Marathon Oil, Amazon.com, and DCT Industrial Trust
- Public Offer Pricing, Financial Results, Dividends, and Conference Participation Schedules - Analyst Notes on Concho, EOG, Canadian Natural Resources, Marathon Oil and Phillips 66
- Prestigious Awards, Stock Price Updates, Conference Schedules, and Earnings Releases - Analyst Notes on Dow Chemical, EQT, Marathon Oil, Atlas Resource and Canadian Natural