News: Mechel OAO (MTL)
19 Sep 2014
SOCHI, Russia, Sept 20 - Russian Economy Minister Alexei Ulyukayev said on Saturday that bankruptcy was the most likely scenario for the over-indebted steelmaker Mechel .
MOSCOW, Sept 19 - Russian bank VTB will have to take legal action to recover debts from Mechel after other attempts to help the struggling steelmaker failed, RIA news agency quoted VTB's chief executive as saying on Friday.
MOSCOW, Sept 19 - Russia's VTB bank sees applying to court as the only way to solve steelmaker Mechel's debt problems, RIA news agency quoted Andrei Kostin, the bank's chief executive, as saying on Friday.
MOSCOW, Sept 10 - Russian indebted coal-to-steel group Mechel is considering selling its core assets and hopes to earn between $2 billion and $3 billion over two or three years, its chief executive Oleg Korzhov told Vedomosti newspaper.
MOSCOW, Sept 4 - Russian Railways may get 70 billion roubles ($2 billion) from the country's National Wealth Fund to buy a rail link belonging to miner Mechel, Railways CEO Vladimir Yakunin was quoted as saying by Itar-Tass news agency on Thursday.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) Link to Fitch Ratings' Report: Russian Banksâ€™ Mechel Exposure Needs Resolving http://www.fitchratings.com/creditdesk/reports/report_frame.cfm?rpt_id=754367 MOSCOW/LONDON, August 14 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings says in a new special report that the exposure of four Russian state-owned banks to troubled Russian coal and steel producer Mechel is unlikely to have any impact on the banks' Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) or debt ratings, which ar
* Options are participation of VEB or converting debt to shares
MOSCOW, July 30 - Russia has prepared two different options for bailing out indebted coal miner Mechel both of which suggest an ownership change, President Vladimir Putin's top economic aide said on Wednesday.
* Government to come up with plan within a week (Adds aide comments on risks to VEB, background)
MOSCOW, July 23 - Restructuring the debt of struggling Russian miner Mechel through state development bank VEB is preferable to allowing the company to go bust, President Vladimir Putin's top economic aide said on Wednesday.
- Why Mechel OAO (MTL) Stock Is Up Today
- Russian Stocks: Enough Blood In The Streets?
- Mechel's (MTL) CEO Oleg Korzhov on Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Why Mechel OAO (MTL) Is Gaining Today
- New World Resources Fighting Hard To Keep A Recovery In Play
- Mechel ADR Arbitrage: New York-Listed ADRs More Than 20% Higher Than Moscow-Listed Shares
- Mechel Reports Successful Lab Tests of Its Rails at Railway Research Institute
- Mechel Announces Board of Directors Decision
- Mechel Reports New Management Appointment
- Mechel Reports Obtaining Federal Railway Transport Agency's Approval for Operating Elga Deposit Railway
- Mechel Reports Technical Revamping of Mining Facilities
- Mechel Reports Implementing New Coal Washing Technology at Elga Coal Complex
- Mechel Reports Mining Million Tonnes of Coal at Elga Deposit
- Mechel Reports 1H2014 Operational Results
- Mechel Reports Supplying Ulak-Elga Railway With Chelyabinsk Metallurgical Plant's Rails
- Mechel Reports Obtaining SGS Certificate for Elga Deposit's Coking Coal