News: MTN Group Ltd (MTNJ.J)
6 Mar 2014
Thu, Mar 6 2014
JOHANNESBURG, March 6 - South African fixed-line phone operator Telkom SA SOC Ltd said on Thursday it is in talks with MTN Group about sharing each others networks, a move that could save both firms money.
JOHANNESBURG - MTN Group , Africa's largest telecoms provider, reported a 27 percent rise in full-year earnings on Wednesday, but also revealed a drop in revenues in its home market South Africa due partly to fierce competition.
* Customer numbers rise to 207.8 mln, up nearly 10 pct (Adds details, quotes)
JOHANNESBURG, March 5 - MTN Group, Africa's largest telecoms provider, posted a 27 percent jump in full-year earnings on Wednesday, lifted by foreign exchange gains and strong growth in data revenue.
CAPE TOWN, Feb 20 - South Africa's telecoms regulator on Thursday brought forward the start date for planned mobile rates cuts by a month, saying it didn't need two months to prepare for a legal challenge from operator MTN Group .
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 20 - MTN Group Ltd : * Says MTN expects an increase of between 25% and 30% in headline earnings per
* Move follows court challenge by mobile operator MTN (Recasts with regulatory delay)
LONDON, Feb 12 - South African mobile phone operator MTN Group has mandated Barclays as global co-ordinator on a new $1 billion revolving credit facility, according to banking sources.
CAPE TOWN, Feb 11 - MTN Group will begin a legal battle with South Africa's telecoms regulator over planned rate cuts, the company said on Tuesday, just days after its main rival announced a similar plan to fight the regulator.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 11 - MTN Group said on Tuesday it would pursue 'legal options' against South Africa's telecommunications regulator over a plan to halve the rates operators can charge each other to use their networks.
- No Sale At Vail Resorts
- Whistler Blackcomb: Freshly Powdered, Shares Looking Fairly Valued
- El Nino Modoki, Ocean Temps, Natural Gas And Trading Opportunties On A Cold Winter
- Vail Resorts Management Discusses Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Vail Resorts Management Discusses 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- 5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings