MTN Group Ltd (MTNOY.PK)
24 Jun 2016
Wed, Jun 22 2016
JOHANNESBURG, June 22 South Africa's Black Management Forum (BMF) said it was disappointed by the appointment of white South African Rob Shuter as MTN Group's new CEO and viewed it as a serious blow to giving blacks a larger role in business.
* MTN looks to overhaul governance standards, strategy (Adds analyst comment, appointment of head M&A)
* JSE: MTN - appointment of new MTN Group President & Chief Executive Officer and other appointments
JOHANNESBURG, June 15 MTN Group will more than double capital spending in Nigeria in the 2016 fiscal year, it said, days after agreeing to pay a heavily reduced penalty to settle a regulatory dispute with the west African country.
JOHANNESBURG, June 10 MTN Group's Nigeria unit will be responsible for paying the entire $1.67 billion fine in a settlement with the Nigerian government over unregistered SIM cards, its executive chairman said on Friday.
* jse: mtn - update to shareholders on nigerian fine and withdrawal of cautionary announcement
JOHANNESBURG, May 25 MTN Group expects earnings to be under pressure for the rest of the year in its two main markets Nigeria and South African market, the company said on Wednesday, citing a weak exchange rate in Africa's biggest economy.
JOHANNESBURG, May 11 MTN Group's interim executive chairman is to stay on in his role while he continues to try and settle the dispute with Nigeria over a $3.9 billion fine imposed on the South African telecoms company, its spokesman said on Thursday.
BRIEF-S&P says MTN Group affirmed at 'BBB-' and 'zaAA-' on measures to address pending fine;outlook negative
* MTN Group affirmed at 'BBB-' and 'zaAA-' on measures to address pending fine;outlook negative
* MTN Group has noted reports out of Nigeria about fine imposed on MTN Nigeria by Nigerian Communications Commission
- MTN Group: Top Value Pick In A Profitable Growth Industry
- Communication Services Sector Analysts Push Stealth Telco In June
- Communication Services Sector Finds Millicom Top Gain Dog For May
- Just Beat It: How To Filter Through Emerging Markets To Outperform The Index
- MTN Group Desperately Needs To Get Its Act Together
- Digicel IPO: Ignore The $13-$16 Price Range... What's A Fair Value Per Share?