Muenchener Rueckversicherungs Gesellschaft in Muenchen AG (MUVGn.DE)
Tue, Feb 7 2017
* Shares trading at bottom of DAX index (Adds buyback, M&A, 2017 profit comment, updates shares)
* Says is confident of increasing foreign exposure of Ergo, including through acquisitions
LONDON, Feb 7 German reinsurer Munich Re reported net profit for 2016 below expectations after large losses from natural catastrophes in the fourth quarter, sending its shares to the bottom of Germany's DAX index in pre-market trading.
LONDON, Feb 7 German reinsurer Munich Re raised its dividend for 2016 by more than 4 percent to 8.60 euros per share, above 8.51 forecast in a poll of analysts.
FRANKFURT, Feb 2 German reinsurer Munich Re is open to larger acquisitions, but the price of possible targets is currently too high, finance chief Joerg Schneider told Handelsblatt daily.
* Says restructures responsibility for health business across group
FRANKFURT Insurers paid out around $50 billion for natural disaster claims last year, almost double 2015's payout of $27 billion, reinsurer Munich Re said in its annual natural catastrophe review on Wednesday.
* CEO says cannot imagine that underlying conditions for business in u.s. Will change with trump as president Further company coverage:
* Says trusts that the new U.S. president is aware that free trade is needed
* Says pricing pressure has eased slightly (Adds comments on pricing, Hurricane Matthew)