News: Newmont Mining Corp (NEM)
10 Dec 2013
Mon, Dec 9 2013
JAKARTA, Dec 9 - Indonesia's government is still seeking a way around a mineral ore export ban that the country's parliament insists remains in place, chief economic minister Hatta Rajasa said on Monday, as mining investors held out for a breakthrough.
Copper and gold miner PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara said it was ready to process copper concentrate in Indonesia, said Chief Executive Martiono Hadianto.
JAKARTA, Dec 5 - Indonesian lawmakers rejected a government bid to water down a planned ban on shipments of unprocessed metals on Thursday, dashing Jakarta's attempts to keep much-needed export revenue flowing in.
NEW YORK/TORONTO - Teck Resources Ltd , Newmont Mining Corp , private equity firm Blackstone Group LP and a firm led by the former head of Barrick Gold are working together on a bid for Glencore Xstrata's Las Bambas copper mine in Peru, according to several people familiar with the matter.
Oct 31 - Newmont Mining Corp reported a 7 percent rise in third-quarter profit on Thursday, benefitting from the sale of its investment in Canadian Oil Sands Ltd and higher output at its Australian and Nevada operations.
Oct 10 - Newmont Mining Corp cut its forecast for full-year copper production on Thursday, blaming lower-than-expected throughput at its Boddington mine in Australia and lower-than-expected ore grade processed at its Batu Hijua operation in Indonesia.
- The Financial Times took comments from Newmont Mining Corp's chief executive out of context when it wrote that the U.S. gold miner had joined the race to buy Glencore Xstrata Plc's Las Bambas copper project, Newmont said on Tuesday.
Oct 1 - The Financial Times took comments from Newmont Mining Corp's chief executive out of context when it wrote that the U.S. gold miner had joined the race to buy Glencore Xstrata Plc's Las Bambas copper project, Newmont said on Tuesday.
Oct 1 - Newmont Mining Corp the biggest gold miner in the United States, has joined the race for Glencore Xstrata's copper mining project in Peru, the Financial Times reported in its Tuesday edition.
DENVER, Sept 24 - Newmont Mining Corp is open to adding more copper production to its core gold business, the company's CEO said on Tuesday, as the biggest U.S. gold miner, along with its peers, seeks to revamp operations in a tough environment.
- Gold Prices Rise Alongside Gap Up in Precious Metals
- Weekly COMEX Gold Inventories: Action Starts To Pick Up At The COMEX Gold Warehouses
- U.S. Non-Farm Payrolls Report: Terrific Opportunity To Buy Gold From Momentum Traders
- What It Really Costs To Mine Gold: The Newmont Gold Third Quarter Edition
- Gold: Still Not Enough Demand For A Rally
- Who Should Invest In Precious Metals In These Times?
- Leading Mining Companies Making Technological Advancements: Paradigm, Alcoa, Vale, Goldcorp, Yamana Gold and Newmont Mining
- Newmont Optimizing Portfolio with Agreement to Sell Midas Operation
- Pre-Market Analysis: Newmont Mining Corp., Golden Star Resources Ltd, Hecla Mining Co., and First Majestic Silver Corp.
- Precious Metals Advancers Maintain Upward Trend: Amarium Technologies, NovaGold Resources, Newmont Mining, Vale, Kinross Gold and Gold Fields
- Mining Companies Capitalizing On Expansions, Acquisitions & Future Growth Possibilities: DNA Precious Metals, IAMGOLD, Quicksilver Resources, Silver Wheaton and Silver Standard Resources
- Mining Sector Briefing - Advancing Miners With Exploration & Earnings News: MineralRite, Alpha Natural Resources, Silver Wheaton, Newmont Mining, Freeport-McMoRan
- Newmont Announces Third Quarter 2013 Results
- Newmont Announces Commercial Production at Akyem; Begins Commercial Production of Copper in Nevada
- Newmont Declares Quarterly Dividend of $0.20 Per Share
- Mining Companies Release Financial Results and Announce Quarterly Earnings Schedules - Research Report on Newmont, PCC, Goldcorp, Agnico Eagle, and Yamana Gold