News: Nokia Oyj (NOK.N)
23 May 2013
Tue, May 14 2013
LONDON/HELSINKI, May 14 - Nokia unveiled a lighter, metal model in its Lumia smartphone range, as it tries to catch the eye of buyers to close the huge market lead of rivals Samsung and Apple Inc in the lucrative handset market.
HELSINKI, May 14 - Nokia unveiled a metal version of its Lumia smartphone on Tuesday, striving to catch up with Samsung and Apple Inc in the lucrative handset market.
LONDON - Nokia, battling to keep up with Samsung and Apple in the global phone race, lost almost 5 percentage points of market share in the first quarter, research company Gartner said on Tuesday.
HELSINKI - Nokia will sell a new high-end smartphone through U.S. carrier Verizon Wireless, it said on Friday, aiming to expand its share in the high-margin premium market after years of falling behind Samsung and Apple Inc.
HELSINKI, May 10 - Nokia will sell a new high-end smartphone through U.S. carrier Verizon Wireless, it said on Friday, aiming to expand its share in the high-margin premium market after years of falling behind Samsung and Apple Inc.
NEW DELHI - Nokia is betting low-priced phones with Internet capability will help it regain lost ground in crucial emerging markets after falling behind in the global smartphone race.
* Nokia announces mid-range $99 phone aimed at emerging markets
HELSINKI, May 9 - Nokia unveiled a new mid-range Asha phone priced at $99, aiming to prevent consumers, particularly in emerging makets, from switching to Google's Android as they upgrade from basic phones.
HELSINKI - Nokia investors told Chief Executive Stephen Elop on Tuesday that they were running out of patience with his flagging attempts to catch up with market leaders Apple and Samsung in smartphones.
- Nokia introduces Nokia Lumia 925
- Introducing the Nokia Lumia 928 - a new expression of the world's most innovative smartphone
- Nokia Asha Platform Unlocks Sub-100 USD Smartphone Opportunity for Developers
- Nokia introduces the Nokia Asha 501
- Resolutions of Nokia Annual General Meeting 2013
- Nokia introduces the Nokia Asha 210, the most social Asha yet
- The Market Slips Lower and eBay Falls on Earnings Outlook
- Nokia Corporation Q1 2013 Interim Report
- Changes in Nokia Corporation's own shares
- Nokia to publish first quarter 2013 interim report on April 18, 2013; includes certain changes to historical comparative financials due to IFRS accounting standard amendment