News: National Oilwell Varco Inc (NOV.N)
18 Dec 2014
Fri, Nov 14 2014
NEW YORK, Nov 14 - Talks that could lead to oilfield services provider Halliburton Co buying rival Baker Hughes Inc may herald increased deal-making in the energy business as companies bet on a protracted drop in oil prices, industry bankers said.
* Shares fall as much as 4 pct (Adds details, share movement)
Oct 30 - National Oilwell Varco Inc, the largest U.S. oilfield equipment provider, reported a 10 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong performance in its rig technology business that readies oil and gas wells for production.
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) The U.S. Commerce Department releases gross domestic product figures. The economy likely advanced at a solid 3.0 percent annual rate in the third quarter. The figure would mark a slowdown from the second quarter's outsized 4.6 percent gain, but a rea
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) WEEK AHEAD The recent fear-based volatility in markets has diminished, though concerns about global demand remain high. That's helped the dollar reassert its recent strength after a few weeks of weakness, but much again will depend on just how dovish
WASHINGTON, Oct 2 - A unit of National Oilwell Varco Inc agreed to pay a $1 million fine and pleaded guilty Thursday to violating export laws when it shipped components used in oil extraction equipment to a customer in Syria in 2006, the U.S. Justice Department said.
* Shares down 2 pct (Adds analyst, executive comments, updates shares)
- National Oilwell Varco Inc , the largest U.S. oilfield equipment provider, reported a better-than-expected rise in profit for the fourth quarter in a row due to higher margins in its rig systems business.
July 29 - National Oilwell Varco Inc, the largest U.S. oilfield equipment provider, reported a 17 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher demand for its rig systems.
- January Effect: Big Oil Sector Bounce Higher During 1st Quarter 2015?
- Why You Should Not Sell Your Oil Stocks At A Loss
- Navigating The Turbulent Oil Market With National Oilwell Varco
- Cramer's Mad Money - The Good Isis (12/10/14)
- How I Rank Stocks On My Watchlist
- National Oilwell Varco: A Thorough Analysis
- CORRECTING and REPLACING National Oilwell Varco Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2014 Earnings Conference Call
- Oil and Gas Equipment and Services Stocks under Review - Weatherford Intl., Key Energy Services, Schlumberger, National Oilwell Varco, and Forum Energy Technologies
- National Oilwell Varco Declares Regular Quarterly Dividend
- Upcoming Conferences, Contract Award, Quarterly Financial Results, and Completion of Acquisition - Research Reports on Bristol-Myers Squibb, 3M, Colony Financial, NOV and PPG
- National Oilwell Varco Announces 2014 Analyst Day
- Financial Results, Corporate Restructuring, Dividends, and Court Proceedings - Research Reports on US Steel, CONSOL, NOV, Valero and Novo Nordisk
- National Oilwell Varco Announces Third Quarter 2014 Earnings
- Appointment, Upcoming Events, Acquisition, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on U. S. Steel, National Oilwell Varco, MarkWest Energy, Cabot Oil & Gas and Athlon Energy
- Technical Analysis, Share Repurchase Program, and Upcoming Earnings Review - Research Reports on Valero, National Oilwell Varco, Athlon Energy, Spectra Energy and Cabot Oil & Gas
- Oil and Gas Equipment and Services Stocks in Motion - Schlumberger, National Oilwell Varco, Key Energy Services, Dresser-Rand, and RPC Inc.