News: Novartis AG (NOVN.VX)
6 Dec 2013
Fri, Dec 6 2013
BASEL - Fifteen years ago Ian Parkhill was diagnosed with a rare muscle-wasting disease that gradually robbed him of the strength in his thighs.
* Drug fights most common muscle wasting disease in over 50s
ZURICH - An experimental drug from Novartis to treat a type of bone marrow cancer met its primary goal in a late-stage study, the Swiss drugmaker said on Friday.
ZURICH, Dec 6 - An experimental drug from Novartis to treat a type of bone marrow cancer met its primary goal in a late-stage study, the Swiss drugmaker said on Friday.
ZURICH, Dec 6 - Swiss drugmaker Novartis said on Friday its experimental drug LBH589 for a type of bone marrow cancer had met its primary goal in a late-stage study.
FRANKFURT, Dec 5 - The planned sale of German medical skin patch maker LTS Lohmann has stalled due to a disagreement amongst its current owners over whether the bids are satisfactory, three people familiar with the matter said.
(Adds Adcock Ingram, Energa, Nordea Bank, Alitalia, Ben Venue, TIM Participacoes, Douglas, Mercator; updates Novartis, OncoMed, Kerning, Malaysia Airports)
NEW YORK, Dec 3 - Ben Venue Laboratories, a Bedford, Ohio-based subsidiary of German drugmaker Boehringer Ingelheim has tapped Bank of America Merrill Lynch to explore a possible sale of its generic sterile injectable drugs business.
FRANKFURT - Swiss drugmaker Novartis is ready to sell its animal health subsidiary and has opened its books to Bayer and other rivals interested in a business that could change hands for more than 3 billion euros ($4.1 billion), sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- Novartis highlights research on investigational, personalized T cell therapy CTL019 in patients with forms of acute and chronic leukemia
- Novartis investigational compound LBH589 significantly extended time without disease progression in Phase III multiple myeloma study
- Novartis Africa Day highlights company's efforts to expand access to healthcare
- Novartis to highlight long-term data, innovative pipeline for patients with hematologic diseases and breast cancer at ASH and SABCS
- Novartis Foundation launches new leprosy strategy at symposium on disease elimination
- Stock Price Updates, Growth Prospects, and New Obesity Treatment Guidelines - Research Report on Alexion, HCA, Novartis, LabCorp, and VIVUS
- New malaria target identified with potential to prevent, block, and treat multiple stages of the malaria life cycle
- Novartis highlights growth prospects driven by significant R&D pipeline progress and the expected increase in blockbuster treatments
- Upcoming Presentations, Tax Settlements, Prestigious Recognitions, and Share Price Updates - Research Report on Vertex, Teva, Perrigo, Novartis, and Cubist
- Novartis announces positive clinical trial results for novel H7N9 vaccine