News: NRG Energy Inc (NRG.N)
25 Jul 2014
Fri, Jul 18 2014
* IPO raises $502.5 million (Adds details, background, updates shares)
SAN FRANCISCO, July 15 - NRG Energy and Japan's JX Nippon on Tuesday announced plans to capture carbon emissions from a Texas coal plant and use the pollution to boost oil production at an aging field, the latest attempt to bring to life a troubled technology seen as a key to combating climate change.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 2 - NRG Energy vowed on Wednesday to press ahead with a proposal to build a power plant in coastal Southern California even after a city council expressed opposition, citing fears it could be inundated by rising sea water.
- Shares of Abengoa Yield Plc, a unit of Spanish renewable and engineering firm Abengoa SA, rose about 28 percent in their U.S. market debut, valuing the company at about $3 billion.
* Company's IPO raises about $721 million (Adds details about yield-paying companies; stock move)
June 12 - The New York Public Service Commission approved on Thursday NRG Energy Inc's plan to refuel the 435-megawatt Dunkirk coal-fired power plant in New York with natural gas, the state utility regulator said.
June 12 - The New York Public Service Commission on Thursday approved of NRG Energy Inc's plan to refuel the 435-megawatt Dunkirk coal-fired power plant in New York with natural gas, the state utility regulator said in a release.
- NRG Yield Inc will buy the largest wind farm in North America for $870 million, helping parent NRG Energy Inc bulk up its clean energy portfolio and comply with strict air emission rules.
* Deal to add 947 MW operating wind capacity (Adds analyst comment, background; updates share move)
NEW YORK - U.S. stock index futures pointed to a lower open on Wednesday as data on the labor market came in weaker than expected, giving investors reason to sell amid few positive catalysts and with indexes near record levels.
- 15 Clean Energy YieldCos, Created Unequal
- The Great Electric Company Growth Opportunity
- Yum! Brands And Goldman Sachs Lead Best Value Bond Trades With 1-5 Year Maturities
- TerraForm Power And NRG Yield: Introducing The Yieldco
- In California, Car Charging Group Charges Ahead While NRG Energy Stumbles
- Global Warming Will Bring Electricity Sticker Shock, EIA Suggests
- Joint Ventures, Completion of Community Projects, Dividends, and Alternative Energy Initiatives - Analyst Notes on Exelon, NRG Energy, Duke Energy, PSEG and AEP
- NRG Energy Acquires Its First Public Solar Facility in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- NRG Energy, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- NRG Yield to Present Second Quarter 2014 Earnings on August 7, 2014
- NRG Energy, Inc. to Present Second Quarter 2014 Financial Results on August 7, 2014
- NRG Energy Innovations Help Make Levi’s® Stadium the First Venue of its Kind in the U.S. Eligible for LEED Gold Certification as New Construction
- NBA Legend Bill Walton Joins NRG Home Solar Team
- World's Largest Post-Combustion Carbon Capture-Enhanced Oil Recovery Project to be built by NRG Energy and JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration
- NRG Home Solar Announces Launch of Operations in Connecticut
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades, Corporate Statements, and Quarterly Dividends - Analyst Notes on PSEG, AES, DTE Energy, NRG Energy and Edison International