News: NRG Energy Inc (NRGEO.PK)
26 Oct 2011
Thu, Sep 4 2014
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 4 - NRG Energy on Friday will begin retrofitting one unit of its WA Parish power plant in Texas to capture its carbon emissions but the technology has a long ways to go to reduce climate change, the company's chief executive officer said.
* IPO raises $502.5 million (Adds details, background, updates shares)
SAN FRANCISCO, July 15 - NRG Energy and Japan's JX Nippon on Tuesday announced plans to capture carbon emissions from a Texas coal plant and use the pollution to boost oil production at an aging field, the latest attempt to bring to life a troubled technology seen as a key to combating climate change.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 2 - NRG Energy vowed on Wednesday to press ahead with a proposal to build a power plant in coastal Southern California even after a city council expressed opposition, citing fears it could be inundated by rising sea water.
- Shares of Abengoa Yield Plc, a unit of Spanish renewable and engineering firm Abengoa SA, rose about 28 percent in their U.S. market debut, valuing the company at about $3 billion.
* Company's IPO raises about $721 million (Adds details about yield-paying companies; stock move)
June 12 - The New York Public Service Commission approved on Thursday NRG Energy Inc's plan to refuel the 435-megawatt Dunkirk coal-fired power plant in New York with natural gas, the state utility regulator said.
June 12 - The New York Public Service Commission on Thursday approved of NRG Energy Inc's plan to refuel the 435-megawatt Dunkirk coal-fired power plant in New York with natural gas, the state utility regulator said in a release.
- NRG Yield Inc will buy the largest wind farm in North America for $870 million, helping parent NRG Energy Inc bulk up its clean energy portfolio and comply with strict air emission rules.
* Deal to add 947 MW operating wind capacity (Adds analyst comment, background; updates share move)
- NRG Energy, Inc. to Present Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results on November 5, 2014
- NRG Energy, Inc. Announces Quarterly Dividend
- NRG eVgo Completes Largest Corporate Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Southern California
- Independent Power and Renewable Energy Equities at a Glance -- NRG Energy, Dynegy, Calpine, Atlantic Power, and AES Corp
- Acquisition, Upcoming Earnings Schedule, Launch of IPO, Award, and New Facility - Research Reports on NRG, Southern Company, Dominion, MGM Resorts and Cardinal Health
- Energy-Efficient LED Light Installation Makes History at NRG Stadium
- NRG Energy Acquires Pure Energies Group, Adding Stronger Online Platform for Customer Access to NRG’s Rapidly Expanding Residential Solar Business
- NRG Residential Solutions Offers Goal Zero Portable Solar Products to New Customers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- NRG Energy Closes Strategic Acquisition of Personal Solar Products Market Leader
- NRG Energy Services Adds Turbine Expertise, Flexible Workforce to Offer More Choices to Customers