Novartis AG (NVS.N)
Tue, Dec 6 2016
Novartis AG said its cancer drug, Zykadia, was twice as effective as chemotherapy in slowing the progression of a rare form of lung cancer in a late-stage study.
ZURICH Novartis is in talks about the sale of some older neuroscience drugs, people close to the matter said, as the Swiss drugmaker clears the decks to concentrate on promising new medicines it hopes will help to restore sales growth.
Pfizer Inc said on Monday its cancer drug, Bosulif, was found superior to Novartis AG's Gleevec in a late-stage study on untreated patients with a form of blood and bone marrow cancer characterized by abnormal white blood cells production.
VIENNA Novartis Chief Executive Joe Jimenez has played down suggestions the Swiss drugmaker could bid for Swiss biotech group Actelion, which is in talks with U.S. healthcare group Johnson & Johnson about a transaction.
An experimental cancer therapy being developed by Novartis AG eliminated an aggressive form of blood cancer in 82 percent of children and young adults treated with modified immune cells in a mid-stage trial, the company said on Saturday.
ZURICH Novartis is buying U.S.-based Selexys Pharmaceuticals in a deal worth up to $665 million, the Swiss drugmaker said on Monday, expanding its pipeline of medicines to combat blood diseases.
* Study results for drug being acquired due Dec. 4 (Adds analyst comment, details, background, shares)
ZURICH, Nov 21 Novartis said on Monday it was buying U.S.-based Selexys Pharmaceuticals in a deal worth up to $665 million, as the Swiss drugmaker expands its pipeline of medicines to combat blood diseases.
MILAN, Nov 21 Live coverage of European markets now available on cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
ZURICH Novartis has abandoned a 2016 goal to start testing its autofocus contact lens on people, though it said the groundbreaking product it is making with internet giant Google is "progressing steadily."
- BeyondSpring Wants $100 Million IPO To Battle Cancer Immune Suppression
- Novartis Makes Its Case For Driving A CAR Into The Real World
- Biotech Forum Daily Digest: Biotech Has Tough Week; Will Conference Buoy Immunotherapy Concerns?
- Wall Street Breakfast: Investors Shrug Off Italy's Referendum Result
- Bond Beatdown Creates Major Dislocations With 4 Stocks Posing Great Opportunities
- Significant Upside Potential For Ophthotech Before Phase 3 Fovista Readout