News: Novartis AG (NVS.N)
ZURICH - Novartis drug Jakavi achieved its main goal in a late-stage trial for patients suffering from a rare blood cancer, putting it on track to become a potential blockbuster treatment with sales of $1 billion-plus.
ZURICH, March 7 - Novartis drug Jakavi achieved its main goal in a late-stage trial for patients suffering from a rare blood cancer, putting it on track to become a potential blockbuster treatment with sales of $1 billion-plus.
ZURICH, March 7 - Swiss drugmaker Novartis said on Friday a final stage test of Jakavi, used to treat patients with a rare blood cancer, had met its primary endpoint and improved two key measures of disease control in patients.
ROME - Italian prosecutors looking into allegations of collusion between Roche and Novartis over a cancer drug suspect the firms of possible fraud and manipulating the drugs market, judicial sources said on Thursday.
* Watchdog fined firms for collusion over cancer drug use
ROME, March 6 - Italian prosecutors looking into allegations of collusion between Roche and Novartis suspect possible market manipulation and aggravated fraud, judicial sources said on Thursday.
ZURICH/MILAN - Italy's antitrust authorities said Swiss drugmakers Novartis and Roche colluded to try to stop cancer drug Avastin being used to treat a serious eye disease, and fined the companies 182.5 million euros ($251 million).
* Rome prosecutors open a file on the companies - sources (Adds statement from Italian health ministry)
ROME, March 5 - Prosecutors in Rome have opened a file on Novartis and Roche after the Italian antitrust regulator fined the drug companies over alleged anti-competitive practices, judicial sources said on Wednesday.
ZURICH/MILAN - Italy's antitrust authorities said Novartis and Roche colluded to try and stop cancer drug Avastin being used to treat a serious eye disease, and fined the Swiss drugmakers 182.5 million euros ($251 million).
- Wall Street Breakfast: Must-Know News
- Novartis Vs. Everyone: Biologic Knockoffs
- Novartis Management Presents at 34th Cowen and Company Healthcare Conference (Transcript)
- Novartis A.G.: The View From The Bond Market
- Modified T-Cells: Quietly Becoming Very Relevant
- Cisco Systems Inc. Leads Bond Market Top 40 In Trading Volume
- Novartis announces positive Phase III study for Jakavi(R) in patients with rare blood cancer polycythemia vera
- Novartis announces Xolair(R) approved in EU as first and only licensed therapy for chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU) patients unresponsive to antihistamines
- Novartis marks Rare Disease Day with call for more research to understand and find treatments for rare diseases
- Novartis extends leadership in clinical trial data transparency, reinforcing its support of clinical research and innovation
- Novartis shareholders approve all resolutions proposed by Novartis Board of Directors
- Novartis provides second US university with Bexsero(R) to help protect students and staff against potentially deadly meningitis B disease
- Novartis shows continued commitment in Japan with Lucentis(R) approval in fourth Japanese indication, diabetic macular edema
- Novartis investigational compound LDE225 met primary endpoint in pivotal trial for patients with advanced basal cell carcinoma
- Novartis expands cancer immunotherapy research program with acquisition of CoStim
- Novartis delivers strong sales and innovation in 2013; underlying business performance reinforces growth prospects