News: News Corp (NWSA.OQ)
19 Dec 2013
Thu, Dec 5 2013
SYDNEY - Investors in broadcaster Nine Entertainment Co Pty Ltd are hoping Friday's listing on the Australian stock exchange taps into a national passion: cricket.
- The Chernin Group, former News Corp president Peter Chernin's holding company, said on Monday it had acquired majority control of Japanese anime streaming service Crunchyroll, expanding holdings that include stakes in online video company Fullscreen and mobile entertainment network Scopely.
Shares in Tiscali rise 8.7 percent to the top of the FTSE Italia all-share index on talk the internet provider is being targeted by Sky Italia, a satellite TV operator owned by U.S. media group News Corp's .
LONDON, Nov 21 - A senior executive of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp said the company would not allow the media mogul's close lieutenant Rebekah Brooks to be dragged into a phone-hacking scandal, the jury at her trial was told on Thursday.
Nov 19 - Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox, and his wife of 14 years, Wendi Deng Murdoch, are close to settling their divorce, according to a person familiar with the terms of the agreement.
- Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox, and his wife of 14 years, Wendi Deng Murdoch, are close to settling their divorce, according to a report in the New York Times.
Nov 19 - Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox, and his wife of 14 years, Wendi Deng Murdoch, are close to settling their divorce, according to a report in the New York Times.
* Friday's jobs data prompts more speculation about Fed tapering
LOS ANGELES - Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Inc TV and film company reported quarterly earnings on Tuesday that missed Wall Street expectations, hurt by investments in new cable channels and a weaker performance from its movie releases.
LOS ANGELES - Media mogul Rupert Murdoch was re-elected chairman of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc despite protests from shareholder groups who sought to separate the chairman and chief executive positions of the family-dominated company.
- 5 Cash-Rich Stocks That Could Pay Triple the Gains in 2014
- Breakup Story: National-Oilwell Varco Is Going To Be A Breakout
- Web Video, AOL, And The Future Of Digital Ad Revenue
- A Look At Advertising Growth In Digital Media And Mobile
- News Corp (NWSA) Suffers in First Quarter Since Split
- Deflation Lurking in Europe, UK
- FOX News Channel Re-Signs Martha MacCallum to Multi-Year Deal
- FOX News Channel Presents All American New Year Hosted by Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly
- FOX News Channel Dominates Cable News Viewership for 11th Consecutive Year
- FOX Business Network Re-Signs Don Imus to Simulcast Morning Show
- News Corporation Announces Details Regarding Proposed Separation of Businesses
- Tom Mockridge to Step Down As Chief Executive Officer of News International
- FOX Business Achieves Additional Victory in Treasury Lawsuit over Freedom of Information Act Requests
- News Corporation and Yankee Global Enterprises Announce News Corporation`s Acquisition of an Equity Stake in the YES Network
- What's Moving Markets: Why Europe Matters - Industry Report on PulteGroup, Inc. and News Corporation
- Literary Classic "Goodnight Moon" Comes To The iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch