News: Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW.N)
28 Nov 2014
Thu, Nov 6 2014
* Shares fall as much as 12 pct (Adds CFO comments, industry background; updates shares)
- Orbitz Worldwide Inc reported a lower-than-expected quarterly profit, due partly to higher marketing costs related to a new loyalty program for users of its travel booking websites.
Nov 6 - Online travel operator Orbitz Worldwide Inc reported a 14.6 percent jump in quarterly revenue, helped by rising leisure and business travel in North America.
- Travelport Worldwide Ltd's shares rose as much as 10.6 percent in their market debut on Thursday, valuing the provider of booking and payment services to the travel industry at about $2.13 billion.
(Adds details on shareholders, background; updates shares)
(This version of the Sept. 11 story, corrects paragraph 1 to say Travelport Worldwide is a booking and transaction platform provider for the travel industry, not an airline ticketing company. Also, corrects paragraph 5 to say Travelport has a stake of less than 1 percent in Orbitz, not 37 percent)
(In the Sept. 11 story, corrects paragraph 1 to say Travelport Worldwide is a booking and transaction platform provider for the travel industry, not an airline ticketing company. Also, corrects paragraph 5 to say Travelport has a stake of less than 1 percent in Orbitz, not 37 percent)
NEW YORK - American Airlines Group Inc airfares went back on Orbitz Worldwide Inc websites on Friday, after the two companies patched up a dispute that caused American to pull the information on Tuesday.
NEW YORK, Aug 29 - Online travel site Orbitz Worldwide Inc said on Friday that it had agreed on terms to restore airfare listings of American Airlines Group Inc that American had pulled from the site on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - The world's largest airline, American Airlines Group Inc, pulled its airfare listings from online travel sites operated by Orbitz Worldwide Inc on Tuesday because the companies failed to agree on terms for a new contract.
- Why Amazon Travel Has Little Chance Of Disrupting OTAs: Lessons From Google
- HotelTonight Wants to Grab Same-Day Niche From Booking Heavyweights
- Qualcomm Plummets On China Woes, Orbitz Falls, Zynga Surges: Tech Winners & Losers
- Dow Industrials, S&P 500 Close at Record Highs Ahead of Jobs Report
- Orbitz Worldwide's (OWW) CEO Barney Harford on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Stock Retreating Today After Earnings Miss
- Orbitz Worldwide Gets Perfect Score in Human Rights Campaign's 2015 Corporate Equality Index
- LAX and Chicago's O'Hare Maintain Top Spots as Busiest Airports This Thanksgiving Holiday in Orbitz Insider Index
- Orbitz.com Goes Platinum, Wins Two Loyalty360 Platinum Awards for Orbitz Rewards Program
- Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Earnings Release Available on Company's Investor Relations Website
- Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. to Participate at the RBC Capital Markets Technology, Internet, Media and Telecommunications Conference
- Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. to Host Third Quarter 2014 Earnings Call on November 6
- Holiday Hiring Events, Awards, Prestigious Rating, New Contract, and Rating System - Research Reports on Gap, Orbitz, Staples, Versar and Whole Foods Market
- Orbitz.com Insider Index Says Two-Thirds of Americans Will Hit The Road At Least Once Between Thanksgiving and the New Year
- Orbitz.com Customers Name Favorite Hotels for 2014
- Orbitz.com Releases Shoulder Season Index That Finds Nearly 50 Percent Discounts to Fall Destinations