News: Petroleo Brasileiro Petrobras SA (PBR)
14 Jul 2014
Mon, Jul 7 2014
TOKYO - Nansei Sekiyu KK, a Japanese refiner wholly owned by Brazil's Petrobras , said it suspended oil refining operations at its 100,000 barrels-per-day Nishihara refinery in Okinawa, southwest of Japan, on Monday evening due to an approaching typhoon.
BRASILIA - New oil rights awarded this week will saddle Brazilian state-run oil company Petrobras with at least $26 billion of new costs by 2030 and further delay efforts to reduce debt below an internal target, according to a Friday presentation.
RIO DE JANEIRO, June 27 - Ratings firms expressed concern on Friday about a Brazilian government decision to sell billions of dollars worth of offshore oil rights to Petrobras, saying the move will weigh on the state-run oil company's cash flow and credit-worthiness.
June 27 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
SAO PAULO, June 26 - Brazil's Petrobras may have to pay as much as 22 billion reais ($10 billion) by 2018, or 50 percent more than first announced, for new offshore oil rights that a cash-hungry government decided to sell the state-run oil company on Tuesday.
RIO DE JANEIRO - A board member of Brazil's state-run Petrobras lashed out at the government on Thursday and said he may ask the country's securities regulator to sanction the oil company for failing to inform him and other board members of a 15 billion real ($6.8 billion) oil-rights purchase plan.
(Adds comment from Sinedino, third board member, share price, background)
RIO DE JANEIRO, June 26 - A board member of Brazil's state-run oil company Petrobras said he is considering filing a complaint with the country's securities regulator after the government and executives failed to inform him and other board members of a 15 billion real ($6.8 billion) oil-rights purchase plan until it was made public.
(Recasts to add government spending debate, background, updates share price)
(Updates with Brazil's Bovespa closing little changed as Petrobras, Copel erased gains)
- Analysts View on Active Stocks -- Research on Advanced Micro Devices, Blackberry, Allison Transmission Holdings, and Petroleo Brasileiro
- Active Stocks Pre-Market Notes -- Research on Bank of America, Facebook, General Electric, and Petroleo Brasileiro
- Earnings Releases, Dividend Announcements, New Program Launches, Stock Price Movements, and Strategic Partnerships - Analyst Notes on Petrobras, Phillips 66, BP, Altria and Mondelez
- Stock Price Movements, Upcoming Events, Quarterly Earnings, and Production Capacity Expansions - Analyst Notes on Petrobras, Chesapeake, Rosetta, KMI and Mosaic
- Company Updates, Quarterly Earnings Release, Dividend Announcements, and Stock Price Movements - Analyst Notes on Petrobras, Range Resources, Chesapeake, Du Pont and Concho
- Stock Price Updates, Quarterly Earnings Releases, and Notes Offer Pricings - Analyst Notes on Petrobras, Du Pont, Athlon, Chesapeake and Noble
- Technical Update on Active Stocks -- Research on Petroleo Brasileiro, Citigroup, Plug Power, and Twitter
- Monthly Production Reports, Director's Testimony, Earnings and Conference Schedules, and Term Loan Arrangements - Analyst Notes on Petrobras, Du Pont , Chesapeake, Newmont and Diamond Offshore
- Output and Drilling Activity Updates, Upcoming Quarterly Results, and Supplier Agreements - Analyst Notes on Petrobras, Diamond Offshore, Noble, Patterson-UTI, and Antero
- Delisting of Shares, Monthly Production Reports, Public Offer Pricings, Leadership Changes, and Stock Price Movements - Analyst Notes on Cliffs, Petrobras, McDermott, Du Pont, and Chesapeake