News: Pfizer Inc (PFE)
24 Oct 2014
* EMA also backs new drugs from Pfizer, Baxter, Clinuvel (Adds AstraZeneca comment, further details)
LONDON/NEW YORK - U.S. drugmaker Pfizer is to continue buying back stock, with the board authorizing a new $11 billion share repurchase plan, deflating expectations that it will make a new bid for AstraZeneca.
Oct 23 - Pfizer Inc on Thursday said its board of directors has authorized an $11 billion share repurchase program to be utilized over time.
- A U.S. district court ruled in favor of Pfizer Inc in a patent lawsuit it filed against Mylan Inc alleging patent infringement on its cancer drug, Sutent, Pfizer said.
Oct 23 - A U.S. district court ruled in favor of Pfizer Inc in a patent lawsuit it filed against Mylan Inc alleging patent infringement on its cancer drug, Sutent, Pfizer said.
* Governments or multilateral agencies may offer indemnity
- Pfizer Inc failed to convince the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to remove a black box warning on its controversial quit-smoking drug Chantix, with an advisory panel to the agency voting against the removal on Thursday.
Oct 16 - Pfizer Inc failed to convince the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to remove a black box warning on its controversial quit-smoking drug Chantix, with an advisory panel to the agency voting against the removal on Thursday.
Oct 16 - Pfizer Inc failed in its attempt to remove a black box warning from its controversial quit-smoking drug, Chantix, after an advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration voted against the removal.
- Pfizer (PFE) $11B Stock Repurchase Plan May End AstraZeneca (AZN) Bid
- Today's Market: News And Earnings Fueling These Moves
- Pfizer Yielding 8.7%? It Could Happen More Easily Than You Think
- How Did High-Yield Dividend Champions Do During The Great Recession? Part 1
- Third Point's Daniel Loeb Tells Amgen it's Time to Break up
- 5-Star And Dow Analysts Give 9% Edge To Lowest-Priced High-Yield Stocks
- Pfizer Declares 26-Cent Fourth-Quarter 2014 Dividend
- Pfizer Wins SUTENT® Patent Case In Delaware District Court
- ViiV Healthcare Expands Program to Reduce HIV Disparities in Southern U.S.
- Acquisition Updates, Drug Approval, Drug Development Discontinuation, and Contract Update - Research Reports on AbbVie, Gilead, Pfizer, Lilly and Aetna
- FDA Approves Abuse Deterrent Labeling for EMBEDA® (morphine sulfate and naltrexone hydrochloride) Extended-Release (ER) Capsules CII
- Pfizer Announces FDA Acceptance Of Palbociclib New Drug Application With Priority Review
- Marketing Application Update, Acquisitions, Collaborations, FDA Approvals, and Structural Changes - Research Reports on Gilead, BD, Pfizer, AbbVie and Novartis
- Pfizer to Present New Data Evaluating Safety, Tolerability and Immunogenicity of its Investigational Staphylococcus aureus Vaccine Candidate at IDWeek 2014™
- Pfizer and Breast Cancer Leaders Join Together to Increase Understanding and Dispel Myths about Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Pfizer To Present Safety And Immunogenicity Data From A Phase 2 Study Of Its Investigational Meningococcal Group B Vaccine, Bivalent rLP2086, Co-Administered With A Licensed Human Papillomavirus Vaccine