Pfizer Inc (PFE)
17 Jan 2017
Fri, Dec 30 2016
OPKO Health Inc said its experimental drug for growth hormone deficiency (GHD) in adults failed to provide a statistically significant benefit over a placebo in a late-stage study, sending its shares down about 17 percent on Friday.
U.S. health regulators on Friday allowed Pfizer Inc to remove a serious warning from the label of its smoking cessation treatment, Chantix, giving a new lease of life to the controversial drug that was approved a decade ago.
A late-stage trial found that continuing treatment with Pfizer Inc's cancer drug Xtandi in addition to a regimen of Zytiga and a steroid worked no better than the two other drugs alone in patients with advanced prostate cancer whose disease had worsened, the company said on Wednesday.
A Pfizer Inc ointment to treat mild to moderate cases of the itchy skin condition eczema, or atopic dermatitis, won U.S. approval for use in patients aged two years and older, the Food and Drug Administration said on Wednesday.
Pfizer Inc said on Monday its cancer drug, Bosulif, was found superior to Novartis AG's Gleevec in a late-stage study on untreated patients with a form of blood and bone marrow cancer characterized by abnormal white blood cells production.
Pfizer Inc said on Wednesday its experimental biosimilar of Roche Holding AG's blockbuster breast cancer treatment Herceptin was found comparable with the branded version in a key study.
* FDA accepts the biologics license application for Avelumab for the treatment of metastatic merkel cell carcinoma for priority review
FRANKFURT German drugmaker Merck KGaA and U.S. partner Pfizer have been granted priority review status in the United States as they seek approval to fight a rare and aggressive form of skin cancer with immunotherapy drug avelumab.
FRANKFURT, Nov 29 German drugmaker Merck KGaA and U.S. partner Pfizer have been granted priority review status in the United States as they seek approval to fight a rare and aggressive form of skin cancer with immunotherapy drug avelumab.
BRIEF-QuintilesIMS forms new Collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lilly, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, and Pfizer to generate real world insights on usage of anti-cancer therapies across Europe
* Quintilesims forms new collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lilly, Merck Kgaa, Darmstadt, Germany, and Pfizer to generate real world insights on usage of anti-cancer therapies across Europe Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Tracking Ken Fisher's Fisher Asset Management Portfolio - Q4 2016 Update
- Even A $100M Series A Can't Save The Medtech Venture Climate
- AnaptysBio Sets Terms For $60 Million IPO
- KaloBios - Sound Strategy Makes For An Exciting Speculative Play
- Pfizer: 2 Risks Every Shareholder Should Be Aware Of
- IRA Portfolio Yielding 4.8% Created From 2 Vanguard Funds And 34 Stocks In 10 Sectors