News: Pfizer Inc (PFE)
11 Mar 2014
Thu, Mar 6 2014
March 6 - Pfizer Inc said on Thursday it was recalling two lots of its Effexor XR antidepressant and another lot of its generic version of the drug after a pharmacist reported finding one capsule of a different medicine in a bottle of Effexor.
(Adds details on standard Pneumovax vaccine, updates share price, final two paragraphs)
- Pfizer Inc said on Monday that Prevnar 13, its blockbuster vaccine against childhood infections, prevented pneumonia outside of hospitals in people age 65 and older, in one of the largest drug trials ever conducted.
Feb 24 - Pfizer Inc said on Monday that Prevenar 13, a drug widely used to prevent infection in children, showed in a study of 85,000 people that it prevented community-acquired pneumonia in individuals age 65 and older.
SYDNEY - Australia's competition regulator said on Thursday it was taking legal action against the local division of Pfizer Inc over the way it marketed its cholesterol-lowering drug Lipitor to pharmacies.
SYDNEY, Feb 13 - Australia's competition regulator said on Thursday it was taking legal action against the local division of Pfizer Inc over the way it marketed its cholesterol-lowering drug Lipitor to pharmacies.
- An advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Tuesday that available evidence does not prove that the painkiller naproxen, sold under the brand names Aleve and Naprosyn, carries a lower cardiac risk than rival products.
Feb 11 - An advisory panel to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Tuesday that available evidence does not prove that the painkiller naproxen, sold under the brand names Aleve and Naprosyn, carries a lower cardiac risk than rival products.
WASHINGTON, Feb 6 - Pfizer Inc, the world's largest drugmaker, has beaten back generic competition for the pain medicine Lyrica, its biggest product, with a U.S. appeals court ruling that competing generic products would infringe on the company's patents.
(For more market insights, including options activity, click on ; for the Day Ahead newsletter http://link.reuters.com/mex49s; for the Morning News Call newsletter, http://link.reuters.com/nex49s) U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, underpinned by a slew of sturdy corporate results, as the market regained its footing following its largest selloff in months a day earlier. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 0.67 percent at 15,476.2, the S&P 500 was up 0.95 percent at 1,758.4 and the Nasdaq Compo
- Pfizer Initiates Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Two Lots of Pfizer’s Effexor XR® 150 Mg Extended-Release Capsules and One Lot of Greenstone’s Venlafaxine HCl 150 Mg Extended-Release Capsules Due to the Possible Presence
- Morning Briefing - 52-Weeks High Breakers: Wells Fargo, Corning, Delta Air Lines and Pfizer
- Price Movements, Clinical Trial Results, and Solid Financial Reports - Analyst Notes on Pfizer, Dendreon, DepoMed, Globus Medical, and Array
- Pfizer Announces FDA Approval to Include Radiographic Data on Reduction of Progression of Structural Joint Damage for Adults with Moderately to Severely Active Rheumatoid Arthritis in Labeling for XELJANZ® (tofacitinib citr
- Pfizer Announces Positive Top-Line Results Of Landmark Community-Acquired Pneumonia Immunization Trial In Adults (CAPiTA) Evaluating Efficacy Of Prevenar 13*
- In a Subanalysis, Eliquis® (apixaban) Reduced the Risk of Stroke and Demonstrated Fewer Major Bleeding Events versus Warfarin Consistently across Age Groups, Including Older Patients with Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation
- Pfizer Invites Public to View and Listen to Webcast of Pfizer Presentation at Healthcare Conference
- Pfizer Statement on Today’s Joint Meeting of FDA Advisory Committees
- Pfizer And Merck To Collaborate On Innovative Anti-Cancer Combination Studies
- Biotech News for Advancing Pharma Stocks: Company's Test Results Surpass Expectations For $3.5 Billion ADHD Market