News: Pfizer Inc (PFE)
29 Aug 2014
* Bid target AstraZeneca falls; CEO says "back to normal"
* Good news for new PCSK9 drug class but needs confirmation
LONDON, Aug 29 - Britain's top share index ended slightly higher on Friday, with stronger pharmaceutical stocks on renewed merger and acquisition talks outpacing a sharp decline in retail stocks after another profit warning by Tesco .
FRANKFURT - Germany's Bayer unveiled plans to launch three new studies to expand the uses of its anti-clotting drug Xarelto, one of its top five new medicines.
LONDON, Aug 29 - Britain's top share index steadied in cautious trading on Friday, with stronger pharmaceutical stocks on renewed merger and acquisition talks offsetting weaker retailers after another profit warning by Tesco.
LONDON, Aug 29 - Britain's top share index edged higher in cautious trading on Friday, with stronger pharmaceutical stocks on renewed merger and acquisition talks outpacing weaker retailers after another profit warning by Tesco .
* AstraZeneca shares up 2 percent (Adds sales forecasts, detail on competitors, latest shares)
LONDON, Aug 29 - British shares inched higher on Friday in cautious trade as investors awaited inflation figures for the euro zone which may shed light on the European Central Bank's next move, though shares in Tesco dropped sharply on the back of a profit warning.
- Pfizer Inc said Tuesday it will test its Xalkori lung cancer drug with Merck & Co's experimental immunotherapy pembrolizumab, in hopes the combination will improve the outcomes for patients taking the approved Pfizer therapy.
- Pfizer: Prescription For A Strong Dividend Yield
- Retirement Strategy: The Buy The Dips Portfolio Continues To Surge
- Retirement Strategy: ETF Only Portfolio Vs. Buy The Dips Portfolio - August Update
- Is GlaxoSmithKline A Solid Long-Term Investment?
- Why AstraZeneca (AZN) Stock Is Higher Today
- Today's Market: Red Hot Biotech And Big Pharma Names To Watch
- Secondary Analysis of AMPLIFY-EXT Examining Predictors of Hospitalization Presented at ESC Congress: Eliquis (apixaban) Significantly Reduced the Risk of All-Cause Hospitalization Versus Placebo in Patients with Venous Throm
- InnoPharma Announces FDA Approval of Decitabine for Injection, a Generic Version of DACOGEN®
- Pfizer and Protalix BioTherapeutics Announce FDA Approval of Pediatric Indication for ELELYSO™ (taliglucerase alfa) for Injection, for Intravenous Use for the Treatment of Type 1 Gaucher Disease
- Pfizer’s Investigational Vaccine Candidate for Clostridium difficile Receives U.S. Food and Drug Administration Fast Track Designation
- Upcoming Conference Schedule, Scholarship, Approved Supplemental New Drug Application, and Technical Updates - Research Reports on Gilead, AbbVie, Pfizer, Express Scripts and Bard
- Pfizer And Merck To Collaborate On Study Evaluating Novel Anti-Cancer Combination Regimen
- Multimedia assets now available: ViiV Healthcare receives FDA approval for Triumeq® (abacavir, dolutegravir and lamivudine), a new single-pill regimen for the treatment of HIV-1 infection
- ViiV Healthcare receives FDA approval for Triumeq® (abacavir, dolutegravir and lamivudine), a new single-pill regimen for the treatment of HIV-1 infection
- U.S. FDA Approves Eliquis (apixaban) for the Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and Pulmonary Embolism (PE), and for the Reduction in the Risk of Recurrent DVT and PE Following Initial Therapy
- Palbociclib Expanded Access Program Now Open To Eligible U.S. Patients With HR+, HER2- Advanced Breast Cancer