Procter & Gamble Co (PG.N)
28 Mar 2017
Thu, Mar 2 2017
* Transaction seeks to take place by end of Q2 of fiscal year 2017
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - For Nelson Peltz and his big investment in Procter & Gamble, the timing could be as important as the strategy. The pushy investor's Trian disclosed a $3.5 billion position in the Tide-to-Crest conglomerate on Tuesday, but not any proposals. Whatever he has in mind, consumer stocks like P&G are well positioned for a tougher economic environment.
* Soros Fund Management dissolves share stake in Nordstrom - SEC filing
* Takes stake in Procter & Gamble of 6.4 million shares - SEC filing Source text for quarter ended Dec. 31, 2016: http://bit.ly/2lNsZGt Source text for quarter ended Sept. 30, 2016: http://bit.ly/2lNzjxS
* Coty Inc reports second quarter fiscal 2017 results, the first quarter after successful completion of the merger with P&G Beauty Business
* Procter & Gamble announces pricing and early results of its debt tender offer; increases the maximum amount
* Filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for Middle District of Tennessee against Vi-Jon, Inc.
* Procter & Gamble CEO David Taylor on CNBC - Don't see industry price war coming
Procter & Gamble Co , the maker of Tide detergent and Pampers diapers, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by cost-cutting and strong demand for its baby, feminine and home care products. | Video
* UK "very challenging and highly promotional", sales down 2 pct