News: Koninklijke Philips NV (PHG.AS)
Thu, Nov 20 2014
(BlueBay corrects spelling of name in paragraph one to Phillips from Philips)
FRANKFURT/LONDON - Dutch electronics group Philips has attracted bids from several private equity groups for the majority of its lighting components business, up for sale as it focuses on higher-margin activities, several sources said on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT/LONDON, Nov 12 - Dutch electronics group Philips has attracted bids from several private equity groups for the majority of its lighting components business, up for sale as it focuses on higher-margin activities, several sources said on Wednesday.
ATLANTA -- Trying to distance themselves from an ugly offseason, the Atlanta Hawks brought out all the stops in Saturday's home opener and treated fans to an energetic 102-92 win over the Indiana Pacers at Philips Arena.
AMSTERDAM - Philips slid to a net loss in the third quarter, weighed down by one-off charges and weak demand in Russia and China -- a setback for the Dutch healthcare-to-bulbs group as it pushes ahead with a radical plan to spin off its lighting arm. | Video
* Company expects improvements, but margin pressures remain
AMSTERDAM, Oct 20 - Dutch healthcare and lighting company Philips swung to a net loss in the third quarter after weak demand in key markets such as Russia and China was compounded by a patent lawsuit ruling against the company and inventory writedowns.
* Philips reports Q3 sales of eur 5.5 billion and operational results of eur 536 million
- Dutch healthcare equipment company Philips said on Thursday it would appeal against a U.S court ruling ordering it to pay $466.8 million in compensation to Masimo Corp for infringing two patents.
(Recasts with Philips CEO comment, adds accounting of compensation award)
- Philips introduces patient-centric solution designed to help patients relax during MRI scans
- Philips expands global reach of diagnostic X-Ray solutions
- Philips receives FDA 510(k) clearance for IQon Spectral CT
- Philips Norelco unlocks the science behind the perfect shave at any angle with its new Shaver Series 9000
- How to get a happy, healthy buzz this holiday season: New survey reveals that Philips Sonicare brushers have a lot to smile about
- University of Bradford and Philips collaborate to bring digital pathology training to students
- Philips Zoom QuickPro Brings Consumers Ultimate Convenience with First Ever Five-Minute, In-Office Professional Whitening Treatment
- Philips and Duke University collaborate to study impact of continuous temperature monitoring in preventing heat loss causing mortality in low weight infants
- Philips Lifeline GoSafe mobile technology keeps seniors connected to emergency care on-the-go
- Philips unveils "The Answer" at Medtrade Fall 2014, offering end-to-end solutions to homecare providers in the new era of healthcare