Philip Morris International Inc (PM.N)
21 Aug 2017
The chief executive of Philip Morris International said he was "extremely encouraged" by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's recent proposal to lower nicotine levels in cigarettes and nudge smokers toward less harmful alternatives such as e-cigarettes.
NEW DELHI The Indian government has threatened Philip Morris International Inc with "punitive action" over the tobacco giant's alleged violation of the country's anti-smoking laws, according to a letter sent to the company by the federal health ministry.
* Files for offering of $750 million 2.375% notes due 2022 and $500 million 3.125% notes due 2027 - SEC filing
BRIEF-Philip Morris files prospectus supplement with SEC related to potential two-part notes offering
* Philip Morris International files prospectus supplement with U.S. SEC related to a potential two-part notes offering - SEC filing Source text for Eikon: [ID: nEOL4TBXz5] Further company coverage:
TOKYO, Aug 2 Japan Tobacco Inc on Wednesday lowered its domestic cigarette sales forecast for this year as it sees more smokers defecting to "heat-not-burn" (HNB) tobacco products dominated by global rival Philip Morris International Inc.
July 28 A U.S. move to cut nicotine levels in traditional cigarettes could prove a boon to Philip Morris International Inc, which has invested heavily in a new smoking device that heats rather than burns tobacco and may carry fewer health risks, tobacco analysts said on Friday.
* Says plans to invest 490 million euros ($571.19 million) to convert its cigarette factory in the Romanian city of Otopeni, near capital Bucharest into a smoke-free facility that produces HEETS, tobacco units used with electronic cigarettes.
NEW DELHI India plans to seek an explanation from Philip Morris International Inc about its marketing practices after Reuters reported that the tobacco giant used tactics that government officials say flout the country's law, a health ministry official said on Friday.
* Philip Morris International Inc qtrly reported diluted earnings per share of $1.14
By Aditya Kalra, Paritosh Bansal, Tom Lasseter and Duff Wilson
- Philip Morris: Designing A More 'Healthy' Business Model To Ensure Success
- My 5 Favorite Dividend Investments Of 2017
- Altria: Buy The Dip?
- Dividend Challengers (And Near-Challengers): 28 Increases Expected By Halloween
- Altria's Demise Is Greatly Exaggerated
- My Journey Towards Financial Independence: 74 Stock June Portfolio Update; Buying AT&T And Altria