Praxair Inc (PX.N)
8 Dec 2016
Wed, Dec 7 2016
FRANKFURT Germany's Linde agreed to revive talks with U.S. rival Praxair to create a $65 billion industrial gases giant which will have its main operations run from Connecticut, two sources familiar with the deal said on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT Praxair's and Linde's shareholders are to own equal parts in the industrial gases group created by a proposed merger of the two companies, people close to the deal said.
FRANKFURT Praxair enticed prospective merger partner Linde into resuming negotiations by offering to locate some central functions of the combined group in Germany, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT Linde supervisory board Chairman Wolfgang Reitzle is still in favor of a tie-up between the German industrial gases maker and U.S. rival Praxair , which has made a renewed merger proposal, German newspaper Handelsblatt reported.
FRANKFURT/MUNICH U.S. industrial gases group Praxair has revived efforts to combine with German rival Linde , seeking to overcome differences over key personnel and location of headquarters that scuppered previous talks in September.
MUNICH/FRANKFURT German industrial gases group Linde's supervisory board is expected to discuss a fresh merger overture by Praxair at its next regular meeting on December 7, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.
FRANKFURT, Nov 29 German industrial gases group Linde has received a fresh approach from U.S. rival Praxair for a merger of equals and its executive board is reviewing the proposal.
BRIEF-Praxair confirms it has approached Linde AG about resuming discussions regarding potential merger
* Confirms company has approached Linde AG about resuming discussions regarding a potential merger
* Says received revised proposal concerning a potential merger of equals with Praxair Inc
MUNICH, Germany German industrial gases group Linde is not considering reviving merger talks with rival Praxair , its outgoing chief executive told Reuters on Friday.
- What Is The Top Arb Bet For 2017?
- Stocks Going Ex-Dividend The 2nd Week Of December
- Wall Street Breakfast: What Will December Bring?
- Donald Trump Making Arbitrage Great Again
- Tracking Ruane, Cunniff & Goldfarb's Portfolio - Q3 2016 Update
- Tracking Wallace Weitz's Weitz Investment Management Portfolio - Q3 2016 Update