News: Rio Tinto PLC (RIO.L)
Wed, Dec 11 2013
LONDON - Global mining company Rio Tinto told investors it would prioritize cutting its debt burden in 2014 before returning cash to shareholders, pressing ahead with cost reductions that have already exceeded a $2 billion 2013 target.
LONDON - Global mining company Rio Tinto told investors on Wednesday that it had already last month exceeded its 2013 target of cutting $2 billion of operating costs.
LAUNCESTON, Australia, Dec 11 - It's taken some time but there are signs that the cost-cutting efforts by major commodity producers such as BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto are starting to convince investors.
LAUSANNE, Swtizerland - Organizers of the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics have no time to lose with the International Olympic Committee president flying into the country in the coming weeks to monitor progress, the IOC said on Tuesday.
LAUSANNE, Swtizerland, Dec 10 - Organisers of the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics have no time to lose with the International Olympic Committee president flying into the country in the coming weeks to monitor progress, the IOC said on Tuesday.
ASUNCION, Dec 10 - Giant global mining company Rio Tinto said on Tuesday it postponed studies related to a proposed $4 billion aluminum plant in Paraguay due to bad market conditions, putting what would be the country's biggest-ever foreign investment in jeopardy.
* Rio's majority-owned ERA launching probe into radioactive leak
* Rio Tinto warns of continued pressure on aluminium prices, margins
* Plans to cut capital spending 20 pct a year to $8 bln in 2015
MELBOURNE, Dec 3 - Rio Tinto aims to cut capital spending by a fifth in each of the next two years as it focuses on paying down debt and boosting returns to shareholders, the global miner said on Tuesday.
- Suspension of Operations, Executive Appointments, Approved Investments, Operational Updates, and Dividends - Research Report on Rio Tinto, US Steel, BHP Billiton, Peabody Energy, and Teck Resources
- Pre-Market Analysis: Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, Rio Tinto PLC, U.S. Silica Holdings Inc., and Cloud Peak Energy Inc.
- Quarterly Dividends, Partnerships, Philanthropic Activities, and Financial Results - Research Report on Vale, Cliffs, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, and USEC
- Today's Research: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., Southern Copper Corp., Walter Energy Inc., and Rio Tinto PLC
- Metals and Minerals Provide Production Updates and Results - Research Report on Vale, BHP Billiton, Teck, Rio Tinto, and Turquoise Hill
- Pre-Market Analysis: Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold Inc., Southern Copper Corp., Rio Tinto PLC, and Walter Energy Inc.
- Commencement of Operations, Expansions, Credit Facility Amendments, Partnerships and Results Schedules- Research Report on Molycorp, Rio Tinto, Alpha Natural, BHP Billiton, and Teck Resources
- Financial Results, Resumed Operations, Appointments, Launches and Corporate Grants - Research Report on Rio Tinto, Peabody, Alpha, CONSOL Energy, and Arch Coal
- Today's Research: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold, Rio Tinto, Southern Copper, and Sterlite Industries
- Senior Appointments, SEC Approvals, Transforming Operations, and Amplifying Production - Research Report on Rio Tinto, U.S. Steel, Steel Dynamics, Tenaris, and U.S. Silica