Rank Group PLC (RNK.L)
2 Dec 2016
Tue, Aug 23 2016
* Focus on expanding online business with new products * Rank still scouting for M&A across the board - CEO * Online revenue rises 11 pct * Shares rise as much as 7.5 pct (Adds CEO, analyst comments, details, background) By Rahul B and Noor Zainab Hussain Aug 23 British casino operator Rank Group Plc is still on the lookout for M&A opportunities after talks over a joint bid for William Hill Plc ended last week, and will expand its online services to strengthen
Aug 23 Casino operator Rank Group Plc said on Tuesday Britain's decision to leave the European Union would have little or no direct impact on its performance, days after it dropped its joint bid to buy bookie William Hill Plc . Rank, the operator of Grosvenor casinos and Mecca bingo hall, said it was mainly a UK-focused business with limited exposure to non-sterling earnings. The company, however, said any impact of Brexit could be driven by lower UK growth rates or loss of
Aug 18 Casino and bingo hall operator Rank Group Plc and online gambling company 888 Holdings Plc have withdrawn their proposal to combine with rival British bookmaker William Hill Plc.
* Had a good start to second half of year and board now expects operating profit 1 for 2016 to be at top end of previously guided £260-280m range
* 888 Holdings Plc and Rank Group Plc announce that they do not intend to make an offer for William Hill Plc
* Will announce FY results on Tuesday, Aug. 23 2016, rather than on Thursday, Aug. 18 2016 as previously announced
* William Hill shares down 3 pct (Adds line from 888/Rank on revised offer's valuation)
* Confirm that on 14 August 2016 they submitted an improved non-binding proposal to board of William Hill regarding a possible combination of 888, Rank and William Hill
LONDON, Aug 15 British bookmaker William Hill said on Monday it had rejected a revised takeover proposal from rivals 888 Holdings and Rank Group , saying it continues to undervalue the group.
LONDON, Aug 11 British bookmaker William Hill said it remained firmly opposed to engaging with 888 Holdings and Rank Group after the two companies set out more details of their unsolicited 3.16 billion pound ($4.11 billion) approach.