SABMiller PLC (SAB.L)
26 Jul 2016
BRUSSELS/LONDON Anheuser-Busch InBev raised its $100 billion-plus bid for rival brewer SABMiller on Tuesday in an attempt to quash investor dissent over an offer made less attractive by a post Brexit vote fall in the pound. | Video
* SABMiller reviewing stance with shareholders (Recasts with more on investor dissent)
BRIEF-Moody's: ABI's higher cash offer for SABMiller is credit negative but no rating or outlook change
* Moody's: ABI's higher cash offer for SABMiller is credit negative but no rating or outlook change
LONDON Aberdeen Asset Management , a top-10 shareholder in drinks firm SABMiller , said on Tuesday that a revised $100 billion-plus bid for the company from rival AB Inbev remained "unacceptable".
LONDON, July 26 Aberdeen Asset Management , a top-10 shareholder in drinks firm SABMiller, said on Tuesday that a revised $100 billion-plus bid for the company from rival AB Inbev remained "unacceptable".
* Notes announcement by AB InBev that it has made a revised and final offer for entire issued and to be issued share capital of SABMiller
LONDON, July 26 Brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev has sweetened the terms of its $100 billion-plus takeover offer for SABMiller after a fall in sterling since Britain's vote to leave the European Union and a rise in AB InBev's shares reduced the attractiveness of the original terms for SABMiller shareholders.
* Each SABMiller shareholder will now be entitled to receive: for each SABMiller share: £45.00 in cash
LONDON, July 25 U.S. and European buyout funds are gearing up for SABMiller's sale of its central and eastern European beer brands with some seeking to join forces to snap up assets worth up to 7 billion euros ($7.69 billion), sources familiar with the matter said.
SABMiller's board will review its $107 billion merger deal with Anheuser Busch InBev once all regulatory approvals have been secured, its chairman said on Thursday.
- AB InBev's $107B Acquisition of SABMiller Paves Way for More Mergers in Beer Space
- Megabrew on Tap at Beer Giants Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller
- SABMiller Rejects Anheuser-Busch's Offer for a Third Time
- AB Inbev Mulling Offer to Buy SAB Miller in Beer Blockbuster
- BRACE Yourself: Molson Coors Plausible Catalyst
- What 'Wet Hop' Beers Are and Why You Should Try Them Right Now