News: Banco Santander SA (SAN)
3 Dec 2013
Thu, Nov 28 2013
MADRID, Nov 28 - Spain's Santander said its Mexican unit would pay a special dividend and issue subordinated debt in an operation that would strengthen and diversify the Latin American bank's capital.
MADRID - Santander is to sell its real estate management business Altamira to U.S. private equity group Apollo Global Management , likely to be the largest deal of its kind so far in Spain where the property market is starting to thaw.
* Santander agrees in principle to sell Altamira to Apollo
MADRID, Nov 21 - Spain's biggest bank Santander on Thursday said it had reached an preliminary agreement to sell its property management unit Altamira Real Estate to U.S. private equity group Apollo Global Management .
MADRID - Spain's Santander is nearing a deal to sell its property management unit Altamira Real Estate to U.S. private equity group Apollo Global Management , two sources familiar with the situation said on Thursday.
LONDON/SHANGHAI - French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen is preparing for a possible sale of its Faurecia components division to accompany a tie-up with China's Dongfeng Motor Group, several sources with knowledge of the situation said.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, November 12 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has revised the Rating Outlook to Stable from Negative and affirmed the ratings of some Latin American subsidiaries of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) and Banco Santander, following the Nov. 8 affirmation of BBVA's and Santander's Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) and Viability Rating (VR) which followed a similar rating action on the Sovereign. (For more information, see 'Fitch Affirm
WARSAW/PARIS - France's BNP Paribas has joined the bidding for the Polish arm of Dutch lender Rabobank , aiming to strengthen its position in eastern Europe's largest economy in a deal that could be worth about 1 billion euros ($1.4 billion).
MADRID - Spanish bank Santander on Thursday said it was looking at buying Poland's eleventh-biggest bank BGZ .
MADRID - Falls in net lending income at Santander , the euro zone's biggest bank, and two smaller peers have highlighted the struggles banks still face ahead of a Europe-wide review of their assets and prospects for months of slow growth in Spain.
- Technicals on the Fingertips: Banco Santander, Banco Bradesco, UBS AG, and HDFC Bank
- Money Center Banks Report Refinancing, New Centre Launch, Agreements, and Stock Price Updates - Research Report on Bank of America, Barclays, ICICI, Santander, and SunTrust Banks
- Santander Donates $335,000 To Typhoon Haiyan Relief
- Early Briefing and Review: Banco Santander S.A., UBS AG, Banco Bradesco S.A., and HDFC Bank Ltd
- Santander Introduces New Checking Account Product That Pays Customers For Their Everyday Banking
- Santander Will Contribute $100 Million To Support U.S. Colleges And Universities
- Top 25 US Bank Introduces Boston To New Name With "Santander Community Day"
- The Esplanade Association, In Partnership With Massachusetts Department Of Conservation And Recreation, Launches The Hatch Shell Capital Campaign, Honors Santander As First Corporate Champion
- Top 25 US Bank Changes Name To Santander Today
- Under AAAResearchReports.com Microscope: Banco Santander S.A., UBS AG, Banco Bradesco S.A., and HDFC Bank Ltd