News: State Bank of India (SBI.NS)
Fri, May 27 2016
* Central bank-ordered bad loan clean-up has hurt Indian banks (Adds SBI guidance, other state-run bank results)
* Exec says entire impact of RBI's asset quality review has been taken
MUMBAI, May 27 State Bank of India, the nation's top lender by assets, reported a worse-than-expected 66 percent fall in quarterly profit due to sharply higher provisions for bad loans.
* Says 1-year marginal cost based lending rate at 9.15 percent
MUMBAI, April 18 State Bank of India, the country's top lender, has been asked by the central bank to provide for losses on food grain-related loans issued to the government of the northern state of Punjab, chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya said on Monday.
MUMBAI, March 31 State Bank of India, the nation's top lender by assets, on Thursday set lending rates under new rules that are aimed at improving tranmission of policy rate cuts and also making bank loans more competitive.
MUMBAI State Bank of India (SBI), the nation's top lender by assets, reported its biggest fall in quarterly profit in nearly five years as bad loan provisions jumped after a central bank drive to clean up bad debts in India's banking industry.
* Indian banks treating more loans as bad in regulatory drive (Adds management comments)
* Exec says bad loan additions in Q3 at 206.92 billion rupees
MUMBAI, Feb 11 State Bank of India, the nation's top lender by assets, reported a 62 percent fall in quarterly profit although its bad loans rose less than expected.