J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
* Pretax profit 581 million pounds in year to March 11 (Adds CEO, analyst comment, shares)
MILAN, May 3 Britain's top share index fell on Wednesday, weighed down by weaker commodity stocks, while supermarket Sainsbury's dropped after an underwhelming earnings update.
LONDON, May 3 British supermarket Sainsbury's on Wednesday reported a third straight year of underlying profit decline, despite the boost to earnings from last year's purchase of Argos, the general merchandise retailer.
LONDON, April 19 Sainsbury's, Britain's second largest supermarket group, is aiming to for a slice of the growing "Athleisure" casual sports clothing market through a partnership with U.S. brand Russell Athletic, it said on Wednesday.
LONDON, April 13 Britain's No. 2 supermarket group Sainsbury plans to convert 60 Argos general merchandise stores to a digital format and open more in-store Habitat outlets over the next year, it said on Thursday.
* Argos like-for-like sales up 4.3 pct (Adds comments by CEO, analyst; share price reaction)
LONDON, March 16 Britain's Sainsbury's on Thursday reported a slight fall in underlying quarterly sales in its core supermarkets business and cautioned over uncertainty regarding cost pressures.
LONDON, March 8 Britain's major supermarket chains could benefit from a small decline in overall spending by Britons because people will eat at home more rather than dining out, the boss of Sainsbury's said on Wednesday.
LONDON, March 3 Sainsbury's, Britain's second largest supermarket group, is to cut up to 400 jobs in a restructuring of its store operations, it said on Friday.
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries