J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
Wed, Nov 9 2016
* Shares down 6.5 pct (Updates with CEO comments from media briefing, updates shares)
LONDON, Nov 9 British supermarket Sainsbury's on Wednesday reported a third straight decline in first half profit, hurt by a fall in sales that partly reflected its own price cuts.
LONDON, Nov 7 British supermarket group Sainsbury's has appointed the boss of discount retailer Poundland as its new finance chief, it said on Monday.
* J Sainsbury Plc appoints Kevin O'Byrne as Chief Financial Officer
LONDON, Oct 11 Britain's No.2 supermarket group Sainsbury's aims to have an Argos presence in every one of its British stores, its chief executive said on Tuesday.
LONDON, Sept 30 Sainsbury's, Britain's No. 2 supermarket chain, on Friday named Simon Roberts as its new retail and operations director but may have to wait until July 2017 before he can start.
* Shares fall as much as 3.5 pct (Recasts with CEO, analyst comment, shares)
* CEO says Brexit vote has had no impact at all so far on customer behaviour
LONDON, Sept 28 Sainsbury's, Britain's second biggest supermarket, on Wednesday reported another drop in quarterly underlying sales and cautioned that it did not expect a change to competitive market conditions any time soon.
* "we expect the market to remain competitive and the effect of the devaluation of sterling remains unclear. However, sainsbury's is well positioned to navigate the changing marketplace and we are confident that our strategy will enable us to continue to outperform our major peers."
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries