News: Siemens AG (SIEGn.DE)
22 May 2015
Mon, May 11 2015
ATHENS - A small group of demonstrators occupied the Athens headquarters of German industrial group Siemens on Monday, police and company officials said, in a protest against the austerity policies imposed on Greece by its lenders.
May 8 - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
BRUSSELS - German industrial group Siemens is set to secure unconditional EU approval for its $7.6 billion bid for U.S. oilfield equipment maker Dresser-Rand , two people familiar with the matter said on Friday.
MONTREAL - Bombardier Inc may in the long run take on a partner or investor in the rail unit it is preparing to take public as it decides how best to respond to rail industry consolidation, its chief executive officer said on Thursday.
MANNHEIM, Germany - German industrial group Siemens will cut a further 4,500 jobs as it battles to cope with subdued economic growth and weak demand from energy customers.
* Shares down more than 2 percent (Adds executive and fund manager comments, details)
FRANKFURT, May 7 - German industrial group Siemens fell short of market expectations with a 5 percent drop in quarterly industrial profit as an unexpectedly weak result at its digital factory unit compounded problems at its energy operations.
SHANGHAI - Siemens AG and China's State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC), a competition regulator, denied a Reuters report that the SAIC investigated the German group's healthcare unit and its dealers for "commercial bribery".
Further company coverage: ($1 = 30.6810 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Hong Kong and Singapore newsrooms)
(Adds company news) LONDON, May 4 - Germany's DAX and France's CAC share indexes headed for a slightly higher open on Monday, catching up with gains in the U.S. market on Friday, when major European markets were closed for the May Day holiday. The UK market, which was open on Friday, is shut for business on Monday. At 0649 GMT, futures for Germany's DAX and France's CAC were up 0.4 percent and 0.2 percent respectively, while the Euro STOXX 50 futures were flat. U.S
- Siemens Plans to Cut 7,800 Jobs in Part of Ongoing Restructuring
- David Marcus Discusses the Lessons of GE's Acquisition of Alstom
- Why Siemens Is Betting $7.6 Billion on the Global Fracking Business
- GE's New Alston Offer Could Fuel Africa, Europe Growtrh
- European Markets Rise Despite Iraq Conflict, as Local Economy and Stocks Take Center Stage
- General Electric's Cash Offer Looks to be the Best Deal for Alstom
- Siemens to Help LAX with Improved Situational Awareness and Operational Management for Day-to-Day and Emergency Operations
- Siemens to Provide Long-Term Service at Brooklyn Navy Yard Cogeneration Plant
- Siemens and ASCP Award 153 Scholarships to Medical Laboratory Students in 2015
- Infrastructure Week: Siemens Study Links Intelligent Infrastructure Investment to Economic Development and Job Creation
- Pattern Energy Chooses Siemens as Technology Partner for 150-MW Amazon Wind Farm Project in Indiana
- New Jersey Acting Governor Kim Guadagno Joins Siemens to Unveil Major Expansion and Renovation of Healthcare Diagnostics Facility in Flanders
- Call for Entries in the 2015 Siemens Competition in Math, Science & Technology
- Siemens Now Offers Induction Motors That Are Compliant with Newest Standard for Oil and Gas Industry Applications
- Siemens Analytical Products and Solutions Business Expands in Houston
- Siemens Introduces VersiCharge™ SG, the First Wi-Fi-Enabled, Cloud-Based Electric Vehicle Charging Station for Residential Use