News: Finmeccanica SpA (SIFI.MI)
6 Dec 2013
ROME, Nov 21 - France's Safran is seen as a frontrunner to join Finmeccanica in the Italian defence group's possible bid for a controlling stake in space propulsion company Avio Spazio, two sources close to the matter said on Thursday.
NEW DELHI, Nov 19 - India has decided to cancel a scandal-tainted helicopter deal with Anglo-Italian firm AgustaWestland, three sources said, drawing a line under a dispute that has embarrassed a government heading into elections due next year.
LONDON, Nov 19 - Britain said it would continue exploring plans to put its 159 billion pound ($256.2 billion) military equipment programme in the hands of a private firm, even after one of the two consortiums left in the running pulled out of the competition.
DUBAI, Nov 15 - South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff were expected to endorse an "all F-35 buy" of 40 Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter jets and an option for 20 more at a meeting on Nov. 22, two sources familiar with the competition said on Friday.
OSLO, Nov 8 - Norway is in final negotiations with AugustaWestland, a unit of Italian defence group Finmeccanica , to buy 16 search-and-rescue helicopters for use from 2017, the country's justice and public security ministry said on Friday.
MILAN/ROME, Nov 8 - Italian defense group Finmeccanica would prefer to use a tender process for a possible sale of its Ansaldo STS rail technology business, part of plans to stem losses from the group's train division.
* Cuts free operating cash flow target (Recasts lead, adds detail)
BRUSSELS, Nov 6 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
ZURICH - Switzerland has extradited a man to Italy in connection with a probe into allegations of bribery in an Indian helicopter deal won by Finmeccanica unit AgustaWestland, Swiss authorities said on Monday.
- ELSAG Launches Robust ALPR Data Management Software AT IACP Conference
- Selex ES, Rudin Management, and Columbia University Team up for Energy Saving Di-BOSS™ System
- DRS Technologies Awarded Contract to Provide the U.S. Army with Target Location and Designation Systems
- DRS Technologies Launches Compact, Power Saving 32 Channel HF Switch Matrix
- DRS Technologies and Cypress Semiconductor Reach Agreement to Manufacture Uncooled Detectors
- DRS Technologies To Pursue U.S. Customs and Border Protection Integrated Fixed Tower Program
- DRS Technologies Launches Custom Lens Calibration Software
- DRS Technologies To Share In Joint Warfighter Advanced Communications Work
- Canadian Government Awards Contract to DRS Technologies Canada to Enhance Networking Capability of Armoured Fighting Vehicles
- DRS Technologies to Raise Funds for Earthquake Victims in L'Aquila, Italy