News: SINA Corp (SINA.O)
22 Jul 2014
Fri, May 2 2014
- Chinese Internet firm Sina Corp said it was fined 5.1 million yuan ($815,038) by Beijing authorities for allowing "unhealthy and indecent content" on its online reading channel and on its main website.
May 2 - Chinese Internet firm Sina Corp said it was fined 5.1 million yuan ($815,038) by Beijing authorities for allowing "unhealthy and indecent content" on its online reading channel and on its main website.
BEIJING - There can be no Internet freedom without order, China's top Communist Party newspaper said on Monday after several U.S. television shows were pulled from Chinese video sites, the latest signs of Beijing's tightening grip on online content.
BEIJING - A move by China's authorities to strip Sina Corp of some online publication licenses as part of a pornography crackdown should be seen as a warning shot at the country's Internet firms to toe the Party line on freedom of expression, experts said.
* First time anti-pornography body has penalised web firm -expert
BEIJING - Chinese Internet firm Sina Corp has been stripped of its online publication license after being targeted in a pornography crackdown, state media reported, prompting its share price to drop more than 7 percent.
BEIJING, April 24 - Chinese Internet firm Sina Corp has been stripped of its online publication licence after being targeted in a pornography crackdown, state media reported, prompting a 4.5 percent drop in its share price.
SAN FRANCISCO - Shares of Weibo Corp rose 19 percent in their U.S. debut on Thursday, sweeping aside concerns that Chinese censorship will hurt the growth of the country's Internet sector and broader worries about lofty tech-stock valuations.
(Adds valuations and comparisons with Internet sector peers, latest stock action)
- Chinese Internet Monetizes, Hits ‘Adolescence’ as Censors Are Content
- Is Sina A Bargain?
- Gauging Weibo's Growth Prospects
- Dumb Investment Of The Week: Chinese Companies With Weak VIEs
- Sina Could Be the Value Way to Invest in Chinese Internet Growth
- SINA's (SINA) CEO Charles Chao on Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- E-House Launches China's First Real Estate Financial Services Platform
- E-House Launches Community Service Mobile App
- Analyst Scanner on Internet Software and Services Equities -- Research on Angie's List, SINA Corp., Dealertrack Technologies, and j2 Global
- Acquisition Agreement, Financial Results, Technology Deployment, and Product Launch - Analyst Notes on Microchip, SINA, Corning, Intuit and Synaptics
- Active Equities to Watch -- Research on Xerox, Post Holdings, Apollo, and Sina
- SINA Reports First Quarter 2014 Financial Results
- SINA Corporation to Report First Quarter 2014 Financial Results on May 21, 2014
- Partnerships, Government Notices, and Stock Movements - Analyst Notes on Equinix, SINA, Ultimate Software, j2 Global and CGI
- Strategic Acquisitions, Earnings Releases, Preliminary Results, and New Product launches - Analyst Notes on TripAdvisor, Tableau, Flextronics, Sina and Activision
- SINA Announces Receipt of Government Notices