Standard Life PLC (SL.L)
24 Jun 2016
Fri, Jun 17 2016
* Says notes announcement today that HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company, Max Life Insurance Company and Max Financial Services have entered into a confidentiality, exclusivity and standstill agreement to evaluate a possible merger between those parties.
LONDON Standard Life was given an embarrassing dressing down by shareholders at its AGM, with reaction to its 2015 pay report delivering a metaphorical bloody nose to an insurer that in its role as an investor in other companies has itself been critical of high executive pay.
* "We believe that access to EU single market is in best interests of our customers and clients" - Chairman
* CEO Keith Skeoch has confirmed he has voluntarily decided not to accept maximum opportunity awarded to him in 2016 under LTIP
* Announces that following a strategic review conducted by AXA UK of the UK Life & Savings market, it has agreed to sell its wrap platform business ('Elevate') to Standard Life plc Source text: http://bit.ly/1NUG1yN See also: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Transaction creates one of uk's largest adviser platform businesses with combined assets under administration of £36.4bn
MUMBAI, April 19 Indian mortgage lender Housing Development Finance Corp said on Tuesday it plans to list up to 10 percent of its life insurance joint venture with Britain's Standard Life Plc in an initial public offering (IPO).
* Standard life obtains regulatory approvals to increase stake in hdfc life
March 30 Standard Life Plc said Lan Tu would join the UK-based long-term investment savings company on April 6 as a strategy director.
LONDON Standard Life Investments on Thursday criticized the board of Premier Foods over its handling of takeover bids from U.S. rival McCormick & Co. and the purchase of a stake in the firm by Japan's Nissin Foods .