Standard Life PLC (SL.L)
25 May 2017
Mon, May 22 2017
BRIEF-UK's CMA says considering if Standard Life-Aberdeen deal will result in a relevant merger situation
* UK'S CMA says is considering if Standard Life and Aberdeen Assest Management deal, if carried into effect, will result in the creation of a relevant merger situation
* Strongly capitalised with a solvency ii capital surplus of £3.1bn (2015: £2.1bn) representing a solvency cover of 177% (2015: 162%) Further company coverage:
LONDON, May 17 Insurer and asset manager Standard Life is likely to choose Dublin as the base for its European Union subsidiary after Britain leaves the bloc, its chairman said.
LONDON Standard Life and Aberdeen Asset Management expect to cut 800 jobs, nearly 10 percent of the firms' combined workforce, as part of a merger to create Britain's biggest listed investment manager.
* Partners to take 320 million pound charge (Adds detail from statement, analyst reaction)
May 9 The combination of Standard Life Plc and Aberdeen Asset Management Plc will be called Standard Life Aberdeen plc when the two fund groups complete their merger, Standard Life said on Tuesday.
* Court-sanctioned scheme of arrangement for Standard Life deal is expected to become effective on or around 14 august 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
* Standard life- has made further progress in first 3 months of 2017 with encouraging inflows from its growth channels most notably in pensions and savings
* Names Simon Troughton, Julie Chakraverty, Gerhard Fusenig, Richard Mully, Jutta Af Rosenborg and Akira Suzuki as non-executive directors
* Have been agreed to sell its Hong Kong insurance business,Standard Life (Asia) Limited to Standard Life’S Chinese joint venture insurance business, Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited