News: Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF)
22 Aug 2014
Wed, Aug 6 2014
TORONTO, Aug 6 - Sun Life Financial, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, said on Wednesday its second-quarter net income rose 6.5 percent, helped by stronger profit at its MFS asset management unit.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, July 22 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the ratings of Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSE, NYSE: SLF) including all outstanding issues, as well as the Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings of SLF's primary Canadian insurance subsidiary, Sun Life Assurance Co. of Canada (SLAC), at 'AA-'. A full list of ratings follows at the end of this release. The Rating Outlook is Stable. KEY RATING DRIVERS Fitch's rationale for the rati
TORONTO - The Bank of Nova Scotia said on Wednesday it plans to sell the majority of its 37 percent stake in asset manager CI Financial via a secondary offering that could raise as much as C$2.62 billion ($2.4 billion).
TORONTO, May 28 - The Bank of Nova Scotia said on Wednesday it plans to sell the majority of its 37 percent stake in asset manager CI Financial via a secondary offering that could raise as much as C$2.62 billion ($2.4 billion).
(Corrects paragraph 4 to say sales declined, not earnings)
KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 - Sun Life Financial , Canada's third biggest insurer, is boosting investment in Indonesia and Malaysia at a time when growth in earnings from some core Asian markets has slowed.
(Add Scotiabank, analyst comments, CI response, background)
TORONTO, May 6 - Sun Life Financial, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, said on Tuesday its first-quarter net income fell 22 percent due to the impact of last year's sale of its U.S. annuities business as well as financial markets losses.
- Recent Trades - June 2014
- Sun Life Financial's (SLF) CEO Robert Manning on Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Sun Life Financial Management Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Hey Sun Life, Where's My Dividend Growth?
- Top 20 TSX Short Positions Dec. 31
- Dividend Growers Portfolio That Has Outperformed The Market
- Sun Life Financial declares quarterly dividends on Common and Preferred Shares payable in Q3 2014
- Sun Life Financial Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Sun Life Financial Finds New England Sports Injuries Cause Over 142,000 Emergency Room Visits Annually – Nearly Half by Youth
- Sun Life Financial hosts second quarter 2014 earnings conference call
- Alex Dumont Appointed to Lead Life and Disability Product Development for Sun Life Financial
- Sun Life Financial Inc. redeems Class A Non-Cumulative 5-Year Rate Reset Preferred Shares Series 6R
- Sun Life’s Mark Ruybal to Lead Pacific Northwest Territory as Group Market Manager
- Sun Life’s Mark Vergilii to Lead Upper Midwest Territory as Group Market Manager
- Sun Life’s Derek Warner to Lead New England Territory as Group Market Manager
- Sun Life’s Mark Donaphon to Lead Mid-Atlantic Territory as Group Market Manager