News: Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF.TO)
Fri, Nov 29 2013
HONG KONG, Nov 29 - Five insurers including Metlife Inc and AIA Group Ltd have submitted final bids to have their products distributed by Citigroup in Asia, a deal estimated to generate more than $10 billion in revenue over 15 years, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* TSX falls 86.21 points, or 0.64 percent, to 13,294.20 * Eight of 10 main index sectors decline * Canadian Natural, Tim Hortons higher after results * Manulife, Sun Life jump on strong earnings By John Tilak TORONTO, Nov 7 - Canada's main stock index dropped on Thursday after a surprise move to cut interest rates by the European Central Bank triggered a rally in the U.S. dollar that weighed on commodity prices, hitting shares of energy and mining companies. Th
TORONTO - Shares of Manulife Financial and Sun Life Financial, two of Canada's largest life insurers, jumped to multi-year highs on Thursday after the companies posted better-than-expected results on the back of stronger mutual fund sales and favorable market conditions.
TORONTO, Nov 6 - Sun Life Financial, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, said on Wednesday it fell to a third-quarter net loss due to charges related to the sale of its U.S. annuities business, but operating profit topped estimates.
TORONTO, Nov 6 - Sun Life Financial, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, said on Wednesday it fell to a third-quarter net loss due to charges related to the sale earlier this year of its U.S. annuities business.
* Cuts 2015 profit target due to sale of annuities business
TORONTO, Aug 7 - Sun Life Financial said on Wednesday its second-quarter net profit more than quadrupled due to a stronger contribution from financial markets.
TORONTO - Sun Life Financial Inc on Friday warned of a likely delay in the sale of its U.S. annuity business because the New York Department of Financial Services has yet to approve the deal.
TORONTO, June 21 - Sun Life Financial Inc on Friday warned of a likely delay in the sale of its U.S. annuity business because the New York Department of Financial Services has yet to approve the deal.
- My Good-Yielding Dividend Portfolio
- Rebalancing Period Influence On A Good-Yielding Dividend Portfolio
- Sun Life Financial's Management Presents at CIBC 12th Annual Eastern Institutional Investor Conference (Transcript)
- Sun Life Financial's CEO Presents at Scotiabank Financials Summit Conference (Transcript)
- 4 High-Yielding Stocks With Low Debt
- Sun Life Financial Management Discusses Q2 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Sun Life Financial's Mary De Paoli and Isabelle Hudon named Canada's Most Powerful Women
- Sun Life Financial appoints M. Marianne Harris to the Board of Directors
- Sun Life Financial contributes $100,000 to support flood relief in the Philippines
- Sun Life Financial declares quarterly dividends on Common and Preferred Shares payable in Q4 2013
- Sun Life Financial Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
- Sun Life Financial provides multi-million dollar mortgage for unique British Columbia shopping centre
- Delaware Life Introduces New Multi-Year Guaranteed Fixed Annuity
- Sun Life Financial hosts third quarter 2013 earnings conference call
- Delaware Life Receives A- Rating Confirmation from A.M. Best
- Sun Life Financial launches first innovative solution designed to help protect against cancer costs