Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF.TO)
18 Aug 2017
Wed, Aug 9 2017
* Sun Life Financial Inc - normal course issuer bid will commence on August 14, 2017 and continue until August 13, 2018
* Greig Woodring stepping down from the board of directors of Sun Life Financial Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
TORONTO, May 10 Canada's main stock index rose in early trade on Wednesday, boosted by gains for energy and other resource stocks as oil prices rebounded, while insurer Sun Life Financial Inc and exchange operator TMX Group Ltd fell after reporting quarterly earnings.
* Says announced an increase of 4% or 1.5 cents per share to dividend to be paid on its common shares
May 9 Insurer Sun Life Financial Inc reported a smaller-than-expected profit on Tuesday, hurt by weak growth in its U.S market.
* qtrly reported net income $551 million versus $540 million
* Sun Life Financial Inc - Terms of acquisition were not disclosed.
* Kevin Strain, currently president, Sun Life Financial Asia, will become executive vice-president & chief financial officer
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, March 17 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the ratings of Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSE, NYSE: SLF) including its senior and subordinated notes, as well as the Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings of SLF's primary Canadian insurance subsidiary, Sun Life Assurance Co. of Canada (SLAC), at 'AA-'. A full list of ratings follows at the end of this release. The Rating Outlook for all ratings has been revised to Positive fro
* Sun Life Financial reaffirms medium-term financial objectives Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Sun Life Financial's (SLF) CEO Dean Connor on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Canada's Top Insurance Companies: Sun Life Financial
- Canada's Top Insurance Companies: Intact Financial
- Sun Life Financial, Inc. - Less Volatile Than Its Largest Canadian Counterpart
- Manulife Financial Corporation - This Ranks As One Of My Top 5 Worst Investments
- Top Dividend Raises & Cuts For May 2017