News: Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG.N)
Wed, Jan 29 2014
* Apr-Dec net profit Y704.7 bln vs Y550.4 bln year earlier
TOKYO, Jan 29 - Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc posted a 28 percent rise in nine-month net profit as the bank's stock portfolio received a boost from a prolonged market rally at home in Japan.
TOKYO - Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group said on Thursday it will acquire U.S. rail car leasing business Flagship Rail Services LLC from a fund managed by Perella Weinberg Partners LP.
ZURICH, Nov 15 - Swiss bank UBS and Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group considered an investment banking cooperation in Japan but talks broke off without a result, according to two sources familiar with the matter.
* Lifts full-year net profit forecast 750 bln yen from 580 bln yen earlier
TOKYO, Nov 12 - Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group's reported a 53-percent jump in net profit for the six months ended in September, as a rally in Japanese stocks boosted the value of its equities holdings.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) HONG KONG/TOKYO, September 17 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned Sumitomo Life's USD1bn 6.5% cumulative subordinated notes with interest deferral options due 2073 a 'BBB' rating. Fitch has simultaneously affirmed Sumitomo Life's Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating at 'A' and its Long-Term Issuer Default Rating at 'A-'. The Outlook is Stable. KEY RATING DRIVERS The subordinated notes are rated two notches below Sumitomo Life's I
- Pre-Market Pulse: MGIC Investment, Genworth Financial, Nasdaq OMX Group, and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
- Today's Research: Genworth Financial Inc., MGIC Investment Corp., The NASDAQ OMX Group Inc., and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
- Early Morning Insight: MGIC Investment Corp., Genworth Financial Inc., The NASDAQ OMX Group Inc., and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
- Under AAAResearchReports.com Microscope: MGIC Investment Corp., Genworth Financial Inc., The Nasdaq OMX Group Inc., and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation implements DIGIPASS 275 for secure retail banking services<8316.T>
- Morning Research: MGIC Investment Corp., Genworth Financial Inc., Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc., and Nasdaq OMX Group Inc.
- Early Morning Insight: Itau Unibanco, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial, Lloyds Banking, and Credit Suisse
- Today's Research: Itau Unibanco, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial, Lloyds Banking, Barclays, and Credit Suisse