News: Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
Thu, Feb 6 2014
LONDON, Feb 6 - Smith & Nephew, Europe's largest maker of artificial hips and knees, posted a 8 percent rise in fourth-quarter underlying trading profit, beating market expectations, as demand improved in its orthopaedics business.
LONDON, Feb 6 - Smith & Nephew, Europe's largest maker of artificial hips and knees, posted a 8 percent rise in fourth-quarter underlying trading profit, beating market expectations, as demand for its orthopaedic reconstruction products improved.
LONDON - Britain's Smith & Nephew is to buy ArthroCare Corp for an agreed $1.7 billion in cash to strengthen its treatments for sporting injuries, an area growing faster than its main replacement hips and knees business.
* To pay $48.25 a share cash, 20 pct above 90-day average
LONDON, Feb 3 - Artificial knee and hip maker Smith & Nephew said on Monday it had agreed to buy medical devices company ArthroCare Corp for $1.7 billion to strengthen its sports medicine business.
LONDON - Medical devices firm Smith & Nephew said on Tuesday it had agreed to acquire the assets and business of Politec Saude relating to distribution of its advanced wound management products in Brazil.
LONDON, Nov 26 - Medical devices firm Smith & Nephew said on Tuesday it had agreed to acquire the assets and business of Politec Saude relating to distribution of its advanced wound management products in Brazil.
LONDON - British medical devices group Smith & Nephew picked veteran industrialist Roberto Quarta as its new chairman on Thursday as it posted 5 percent higher quarterly sales, boosted by strong demand for wound care products.
* Roberto Quarta replaces John Buchanan as non-exec chairman
LONDON, Oct 31 - Strong sales of wound care products helped Smith & Nephew grow revenue by an underlying 5 percent in the third quarter, while sales of artificial hips and knees improved after recent slow growth.
- Smith & Nephew introduces the POLARSTEM™ cementless hip stem to the US market
- Acquisition of ArthroCare Corporation by Smith & Nephew plc May Not Be in Shareholders' Best Interests
- Evidence review shows positive results for Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) on surgical incisions
- Smith & Nephew co-sponsors annual M2D2 competition for entrepreneurial medical device companies
- Clinical Study Results, Stock Price Movements, and Acquisitions - Research Report on Gilead, Life Technologies, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, CSI, and Smith & Nephew
- Smith & Nephew introduces powerful new e-learning platform
- Smith & Nephew Introduces Advanced Biocomposite Material for Use in Arthroscopic Surgery
- Financial Results, Upcoming Presentations, and Stock Price Movements - Research Report on Valeant Pharmaceuticals, St. Jude Medical, AstraZeneca, Stryker, and Smith & Nephew
- Grant from Smith & Nephew Helps Continue Educational Activities for Podiatric Surgeons
- Smith & Nephew expands uterine care portfolio with innovative diagnostic device