News: Sony Corp (SNE)
26 Aug 2014
Mon, Aug 25 2014
Note: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Aby Jose Koilparambil in Bangalore)
* Video game maker Blizzard Entertainment's site still down (Adds comments from FBI spokesman Joshua Campbell and cybersecurity expert Daniel Clemens)
SAN FRANCISCO/TOKYO - Sony Corp's PlayStation Network was back online on Monday following a cyber attack that took it down over the weekend, which coincided with a bomb scare on a commercial flight carrying a top Sony executive in the United States.
* Video game maker Blizzard Entertainment's site still down (Updates to show network back online)
Aug 24 - Sony Corp said on Sunday its PlayStation Network was taken down by a denial of service-style attack and the FBI was investigating the diversion of a flight carrying a top Sony executive amid reports of a claim that explosives were on board.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 21 - GameStop Corp on Thursday reported its quarterly revenue surged by 25 percent over the prior year, topping expectations, buoyed by the success of new game releases as well as solid sales of gaming hardware from Microsoft and Sony Corp.
* Japan market should stay resilient on GPIF hopes - traders * Sony up on report it plans to enter automotive image sensor market * Nikkei up more than 3 pct for the week By Ayai Tomisawa TOKYO, Aug 15 - Japanese stocks snapped a four-day winning streak on Friday morning, as investors took a breather ahead of the weekend though Sony Corp rose on a report that it will enter the automotive image sensor market. The Nikkei dropped 0.2 percent to 15,289.76 in midmorning
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 12 - Sony Corp said on Tuesday that sales of its PlayStation 4 video game console, launched in November, has surpassed 10 million units.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 12 - Sony Corp said on Tuesday it has sold 10 million PlayStation 4 units since its launch in November last year.
SAN FRANCISCO - Timex Group is launching a smartwatch with cellular connectivity and a high-visibility display from Qualcomm Inc.
- Today's Market: Amazon And Boeing Drawing Investors' Attention
- U.S. Stocks Open Merger Monday Higher Following Europe's Cues
- Wall Street Breakfast: Burger King In Talks To Buy Tim Hortons
- Disney, Warner Brothers & Sony: Box Office Doesn't 'Stand Tall' As Audiences Avoid New Releases In Favor Of 'Guardians'
- Apple's iWatch Profit Potential
- Sony Hits The Hardware At Gamescom
- Sony Pictures Television's "Breaking Bad" Caps Its Historic Run With Six Emmy® Wins, Including Second Win for Outstanding Drama Series<6758.T>
- "National Ghostbusters Day" To Take Place Thursday, August 28, 2014<6758.T>
- TriStar Announces Title And Wrap Of Production For "The Walk"<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Quarterly Securities Report<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Announcement of Company Split (Small-scale Company Split) of Sony Corporation into JOLED Inc., a new integrated company in the organic light-emitting diode display panels business<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Consolidated Financial Results for the First Quarter Ended June 30, 2014<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation INCJ, JDI, Sony and Panasonic announce the establishment of JOLED Inc. A new integrated company in organic light-emitting diode display panels<6758.T>
- REG-Sony Corporation Notice Regarding Application to Delist from the London Stock Exchange<6758.T>
- Innovative Social Media Apps and Virtual Reality Platforms Draw in New Users - Company To Develop New Virtual Reality Platform for Facebook's Oculus Rift
- TriStar Productions Bullish On Money Monster<6758.T>