News: Southern Co (SO.N)
11 Dec 2013
Tue, Dec 10 2013
HOUSTON, Dec 10 - New Orleans-based Entergy Corp is scheduled to turn over day-to-day control of its 15,000-mile (24,000-km), four-state transmission network later this month when it joins the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO).
Oct 30 - U.S. power company Southern Co delayed the planned start-up date of its 582-megawatt Kemper coal-fired power plant in Mississippi to the fourth quarter of 2014 and boosted the estimated cost of the project again, to $4.02 billion.
HOUSTON, Oct 2 - Southern Co's $5 billion project to build one of the first coal-fired power plants that captures carbon dioxide emissions will be delayed beyond May and so will miss out on $133 million in tax incentives, the company said in a filing.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, August 22 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned its 'A' rating to the Southern Company's issuance of $500 million series 2013A 2.45% senior notes due Sept. 1, 2018. These notes are senior, unsecured obligations of Southern Company. The Rating Outlook is Stable. The net proceeds from the offering will be used to repay a portion of Southern Company's outstanding short-term indebtedness, which totaled approximately $739 millio
HOUSTON, July 30 - Southern Co will take a $278 million charge in the second quarter as costs continue to rise at its controversial coal-gasification power plant in Kemper County, Mississippi, the company said in a filing with regulators on Tuesday.
HOUSTON, July 1 - The cost to finish building Southern Co's controversial coal-gasification power plant in Kemper County, Mississippi, may increase by at least $160 million to $4.5 billion or more, or more than double initial cost estimates, the company said in a filing with regulators.
- 3 Ways To Play 50 Market Leaders Like Dogs In 2014
- Covered Calls To Boost Income From Utility Positions
- 3 Stocks With Solid Dividends That You Should Approach With Caution
- Buying Opportunities In REITs And UTEs
- Regulated Utilities To Outperform Diversified Utilities
- Marrying The 4% Rule With Dividend Growth Investing
- Southern Company executive to discuss nuclear development at symposium
- Leadership Changes, Community Support Programs, Dividends, Financial Results Schedules, and Renewable Energy Proposals - Research Report on Southern Company, Exelon, Westar, FuelCell, and PNM
- Southern Nuclear names new leadership at Plant Farley
- 32 ton critical module placed at Vogtle Unit 3
- Southern Nuclear names new vice president for fleet operations, leadership for Plant Hatch
- Pre-Market Review: Southern Co., Duke Energy Corp., FuelCell Energy Inc., and Ameren Corp.
- Unit 4 nuclear island basemat placed at Vogtle expansion
- Georgia Power dedicates new Water Research Center
- Southern Company names Paula M. Marino senior vice president of engineering and construction services
- Georgia Power introduces new Outage Alerts