News: Societe Generale (SOGN.PA)
19 Sep 2014
Tue, Aug 12 2014
PARIS, Aug 12 - French bank Societe Generale has closed some of its branches for the summer lull this year as part of an experiment with reduced opening hours as Internet banking takes off.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, August 01 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings says that Societe Generale's (SG; A/Negative/a-) 2Q14 results were solid, as performance improved in most of its businesses. The results also underline that SG remains exposed to litigation and regulatory risk, as the bank continued to build reserves for litigation matters in 2Q14. The results have no immediate effect on SG's ratings. SG reported a EUR1.3bn pre-tax profit in 2Q14, adjusted for
PARIS, Aug 1 - Societe Generale on Friday reported second-quarter net profit of 1.03 billion euros ($1.38 billion), up 7.8 percent from a year ago helped by lower expenses and a reduced cost of risk.
LONDON, July 10 - Societe Generale is merging its open outcry trading team on the London Metal Exchange (LME) with its unit Newedge, cutting the number of LME "ring-dealing" members to 10.
TAIPEI, June 30 - French bank Societe Generale has priced its 20-year $250 million bonds at a yield of 4.1 percent in Taiwan, two sources with close knowledge of the situation said on Monday.
FRANKFURT, June 18 - French lender Societe Generale is interested in buying German online broker DAB Bank, which is being sold by parent HVB, Germany's Manager Magazin reported, citing industry sources.
KUALA LUMPUR, June 18 - Societe Generale (SocGen) has concluded the marketing roadshow for its 1 billion ringgit ($311 million) sale of Islamic bonds in Malaysia and will decide on the size of its first issuance within days.
KUALA LUMPUR - Societe Generale, France's third-largest bank by assets, will set up a 1 billion ringgit ($311.3 million) multi-currency sukuk (Islamic bonds) program in Malaysia, the second conventional bank to do so in as many weeks.
(adds "million" to the value of Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ sukuk in the seventh paragraph)
* SocGen second conventional bank to set up sukuk in Malaysia
- SOCIETE GENERALE: AVAILABILITY OF THE SECOND UPDATE OF THE 2014 REGISTRATION DOCUMENT AS OF 04 AUGUST 2014
- SOCIETE GENERALE: QUARTERLY FINANCIAL INFORMATION, Q2-2014
- SOCIETE GENERALE ANNOUNCES ITS NEW SHARE CAPITAL
- SOCIETE GENERALE: STATEMENT ON THE LIQUIDITY AGREEMENT
- Société Générale: JOINT SHAREHOLDERS' ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS' MEETING OF 20 MAY 2014
- SOCIETE GENERALE: DESCRIPTION OF SHARE BUYBACK PROGRAM
- SOCIETE GENERALE: PRESS RELEASE - INVESTOR DAY
- SOCIETE GENERALE: AVAILABILITY OF AN UPDATE OF THE 2014 REGISTRATION DOCUMENT
- SOCIETE GENERALE FINALISES THE ACQUISITION OF NEWEDGE
- SOCIETE GENERALE: QUARTERLY FINANCIAL INFORMATION, Q1-2014