Solvay SA (SOLB.BR)
9 Dec 2016
Wed, Dec 7 2016
BRUSSELS Belgian chemicals group Solvay said on Wednesday it had agreed to sell its Acetow unit, which makes material used in cigarette filters, to private equity group Blackstone for 1 billion euros ($1.07 billion), including debt.
BRIEF-Arcelormittal, Evonik, LafargeHolcim and Solvay cooperate under new "Low Carbon Technology Partnerships Initiative
* Arcelormittal, Evonik, LafargeHolcim and Solvay investigate trans-sector technological potential to reduce carbon emissions under a new "Low Carbon Technology Partnerships Initiative" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
FRANKFURT Solvay has attracted buyout groups Blackstone and Platinum Equity as suitors for its Acetow unit and is also short-listing bidders for its nylon business, people familiar with the matter told Reuters, as the Belgian chemicals group shifts its focus to high-tech materials.
* Part of Solvay's push to focus on high-tech materials (Adds details on businesses for sale, Solvay's overhaul)
* Solvay doubles carbon fiber manufacturing capacity for aircraft structural applications with new US production line Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Is adding 10,000 metric tons (MT) of capacity to its Chicago Heights Silica plant
* Solvay and Mubadala awarded supply contract by Boeing for primary composite structures of its 777X aircraft
* Boeing to manufacture 777X components with composite material made in U.A.E.
LONDON/NEW YORK, June 23 Belgian chemicals group Solvay is pressing ahead with the sale of two non-core units as part of its efforts to streamline operations and refocus on specialty materials, sources familiar with the situation said.