News: Staples Inc (SPLS.OQ)
13 Mar 2014
Thu, Mar 6 2014
* U.S. jobless claims at 3-month low, offer hope for labor market
* Three-month low in U.S. jobless claims offers hope for labor market
* Obama to Congress: Back IMF capacity to lend to Ukraine
- Staples Inc said it would close up to 225 stores in the United States and Canada - 12 percent of its North America outlets - and forecast another quarter of sales decline as it loses customers to mass market chains and e-retailers. | Video
* Forecasts first-quarter earnings $0.17-$0.22/share vs est. $0.27
NEW YORK, March 6 - U.S. stocks rose in early trading on Thursday, with the S&P 500 at a fresh record intraday high following upbeat labor market data, while traders kept an eye on developments in Ukraine.
(In second-last paragraph on Kroger, removes incorrect reference to negative impact of weather)
NEW YORK, March 6 - U.S. stock index futures ticked higher on Thursday ahead of labor and factory data, while developments in the Ukrainian crisis kept traders on edge.
March 6 - Staples Inc, the largest U.S. office supplies retailer, reported a 10.6 percent decline in quarterly sales, hurt mainly by a fall in same-store sales in North America, and said it planned to close 225 stores by 2015.
* Fourth-qtr adjusted loss $0.03/share vs est earnings $0.03/share
- Staples Velocity Lab Now Open in Cambridge, MA as Company Focuses on Online Growth
- Staples, Inc. Announces Resignation of Michael A. Miles Jr., President and Chief Operating Officer
- Staples to Offer Microsoft Surface
- Staples Associates Direct More than $1.4 Million in Community Grants Nationwide
- Staples, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter 2012 Dividend
- Staples and LinkedIn Launch New Small Business Group on the LinkedIn Platform
- Americans Put off Holiday Mailing Until Last Minute, Staples Survey Shows
- Staples Delivers Custom Box Sizes With Every Order for More Convenience, Reduced Waste
- Staples Makes it Easy to Unwrap Joy with Personalized Gifts this Holiday Season
- Staples, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2012 Performance