Staples Inc (SPLS.OQ)
Office supplies retailer Staples Inc said it would sell a controlling stake in its European business to private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP for 50 million euros ($53.65 million) to focus on its North American operations.
BRIEF-Drone Delivery Canada to team up with Staples for development of drone delivery logistics platform
* Co & Staples will team up to explore feasibility of developing, implementing, & commercializing drone delivery logistics platform Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* New credit agreement provides for a maximum borrowing of $1.0 billion in U.S. dollars and alternative currencies - SEC filing
BRIEF-Staples says as Q3 ens the company still in the process of evaluating a potential sale of its European Operations
* Staples - As of end of Q3, the company was still in the process of evaluating a potential sale of its European Operations - SEC filing
* Staples Inc says total company sales for Q3 of 2016 were $5.4 billion, a decrease of four percent compared to Q3 of 2015
* Implements new student loan repayment plan for sales associates and high performers
* Appointment of Shira Goodman as its president and chief executive officer and as a member of its board, effective immediately
Sept 13 Staples Inc Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Office Depot Inc said on Monday Chief Executive Roland Smith would retire, three months after the second-largest U.S. office supplies retailer and bigger rival Staples Inc abandoned their planned merger.