News: Santos Ltd (SSLTY.PK)
Wed, Dec 4 2013
* GLNG to ramp up to fully contracted level by 2017 earliest
SYDNEY, Dec 4 - Santos Ltd, Australia's No. 2 energy company, said its 2013 production would come in slightly below its earlier forecast, but added its major LNG projects were on track to start producing in the next two years.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Co will make a last-ditch effort to save its sale to Apollo Tires Ltd on December 19, as it seeks a ruling from Delaware Supreme Court that could force the Indian company to complete their proposed $2.3 billion merger.
- India's Apollo Tyres Ltd on Monday reported a fall in second-quarter revenue from its home market, underscoring the need to complete the acquisition of U.S. company Cooper Tire & Rubber Co to diversify overseas.
* Cooper suing Apollo for failing to complete deal by Oct. 4 (Adds details)
- Apollo Tires Ltd did not breach its obligation to close its $2.5 billion buyout of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co last month as originally agreed, a Delaware judge ruled on Friday.
* Judge clears the way for appeal to Delaware Supreme Court
- Apollo Tires Ltd did not breach its obligation to try to negotiate with unions in its failed deal with Cooper Tire & Rubber Co, a Delaware judge said on Friday, according to a person attending the hearing.
MUMBAI - India's Apollo Tyres Ltd said its lenders were unlikely approve its bid for U.S.-based Cooper Tire & Rubber Co unless the $2.5 billion price tag was cut to take account of unresolved labor disputes.
MUMBAI - Funding for Apollo Tyres' $2.5 billion bid for U.S.-based Cooper Tire & Rubber Co is in jeopardy unless the deal price is cut to reflect the risk of higher costs stemming from labor issues, sources with direct knowledge of the matter said.