News: Santos Ltd (SSLTY.PK)
7 Mar 2014
Wed, Jan 22 2014
SYDNEY, Jan 23 - Australia's Santos Ltd expects a sharp boost in production and cash flow in the second half of 2014 as liquefied natural gas begins flowing from the Papua New Guinea gas project it has a stake in.
MUMBAI, Dec 31 - The ambition from Indian mid-sized companies for large debt-fuelled acquisitions abroad was dealt a major setback after the unravelling of a $2.5 billion bid by India's Apollo Tyres Ltd to buy Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.
PERTH, Dec 19 - Australia's Santos Ltd has signed a second gas purchase agreement with rival Origin energy to help supply its Gladstone liquefied natural gas (LNG) export plant in eastern Australia, Santos company said on Thursday.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Co's efforts to force India's Apollo Tyres Ltd to complete its proposed acquisition of the U.S. company for $2.3 billion received another legal setback, paving the way for the Indian company to walk away from the deal.
* Apollo says continues to believe in the merits of Cooper merger
* GLNG to ramp up to fully contracted level by 2017 earliest
SYDNEY, Dec 4 - Santos Ltd, Australia's No. 2 energy company, said its 2013 production would come in slightly below its earlier forecast, but added its major LNG projects were on track to start producing in the next two years.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Co will make a last-ditch effort to save its sale to Apollo Tires Ltd on December 19, as it seeks a ruling from Delaware Supreme Court that could force the Indian company to complete their proposed $2.3 billion merger.
- India's Apollo Tyres Ltd on Monday reported a fall in second-quarter revenue from its home market, underscoring the need to complete the acquisition of U.S. company Cooper Tire & Rubber Co to diversify overseas.
* Cooper suing Apollo for failing to complete deal by Oct. 4 (Adds details)