News: E. W. Scripps Co (SSP.N)
23 Oct 2014
Fri, Oct 17 2014
KNOXVILLE Tenn. - An outgoing Tennessee lawmaker representing a Knoxville district admitted on Friday to sending a ridiculing message on social media to a newly laid-off political reporter.
July 30 - Journal Communications Inc. and E.W. Scripps agreed to merge broadcast operations and spin off their newspaper businesses into a new publicly traded entity, the media companies said late on Wednesday.
NEW YORK - While the New York Times Co has shrunk by more than half in the past eight years, the compensation of the top three executives at the company has held steady. Measured against some key metrics of financial performance at comparable U.S. media companies, their pay is among the most generous, a Reuters analysis shows.
- E.W Scripps: An Upcoming Merger Makes This Company Attractive To Special Situations Investors
- Old-Fashioned Print Media Team Up to Exploit Video Content Explosion
- E.W. Scripps Reports Second Quarter Loss Despite Revenue Growth
- The E. W. Scripps' (SSP) CEO Richard Boehne on Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The E.W. Scripps (SSP) Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Webcast
- Gannett Split Frees Newspaper and TV Units to Pursue More Deals
- Scripps launches Podium to empower people to participate more in the political process
- Scripps to report third-quarter results; webcast of conference call available
- Scripps acquires mobile weather technology firm WeatherSphere
- Scripps names Steve Smith publisher of Record Searchlight in Redding, Calif.
- Scripps officers adopt 10b5-1 trading plans
- Scripps announces Nicholson as new vice president/GM for WFTS in Tampa, Fla.
- Scripps, WCPO and Washington Post enter partnership adding weighty world and national news to local coverage
- Newsy President and Founder Awarded 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the State of Missouri
- Anderson Independent Mail promotes Stephen Mullins to editor
- Scripps original programming thrives, expands to more markets across U.S.