News: Stora Enso Oyj (STEAV.HE)
29 Aug 2014
* Shares down 0.4 pct vs 0.3 pct drop in Helsinki bourse (Rewrites first paragraph, adds comments on strategy, consolidation)
HELSINKI, June 30 - Finnish paper maker Stora Enso's incoming chief executive said on Monday that the company could take part in industry mergers if it profited the company, but does not have to, as much of restructuring has already been done.
HELSINKI - Finnish papermaker Stora Enso said on Monday it had bought U.S. based biotechnology firm Virdia for $33 million, with potential additional payouts totaling $29 million.
(Adds company comment that it is still awaiting final permit)
HELSINKI, June 3 - An executive at Finland's Stora Enso said the $2 billion eucalyptus pulp mill it has built in Uruguay with Arauco should receive its final permit this week, and he reduced its 2014 output target due to recent delays.
HELSINKI, June 3 - A Finnish pulp and paper maker Stora Enso executive said the pulp mill it has built in Uruguay with Arauco is ready to start and should receive its final permit this week.
HELSINKI, June 2 - Austrian machine builder Andritz has initiated arbitration proceedings against a joint venture in Uruguay, owned by Stora Enso and Arauco, claiming 200 million euros ($273 million), Stora Enso said on Monday.
May 30 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
* Uruguay pulp mill ready for start-up, awaits permits (Adds CEO comments, updates shares)
- Stora Enso Strengthens Its Group Leadership Team With Four New Members
- Stora Enso Interim Review January--June 2014
- Stora Enso's NRI in second quarter 2014 have EUR 106 million negative impact including a cost for planned closure of Corbehem Mill in France
- Stora Enso CEO Jouko Karvinen and the new Stora Enso CEO as of 1 August Karl-Henrik Sundstrom comment on the second quarter of 2014 and the short-term priorities
- Stora Enso postpones reorganisation of its Renewable Packaging Division
- Stora Enso Appoints Karl-Henrik Sundstrom as New CEO
- Stora Enso acquires US-based biotechnology company
- Andritz initiates arbitration proceedings against Montes del Plata
- Stora Enso increases its shareholding in Bergvik Skog
- Stora Enso 12 May 2014: Announcement With a Reference to Chapter 9, Paragraph 10 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act