News: STMicroelectronics NV (STM)
23 May 2013
Tue, Apr 23 2013
SAN FRANCISCO/PARIS - European chipmaker STMicroelectronics said signs of market recovery and new products, such as motion sensor chips for video games consoles, should drive a pick up in sales in the second half of this year.
SAN FRANCISCO/PARIS, April 23 - European chipmaker STMicroelectronics said signs of market recovery and new products, such as motion sensor chips for video games consoles, should drive a pick up in sales in the second half of this year.
PARIS, April 23 - Semiconductor maker STMicroelectronics said it would grow sales significantly in the second half of the year as the chip market recovers and it introduces new products for motion sensors and imaging.
SAN FRANCISCO, April 22 - European chipmaker STMicroelectronics posted its sixth straight quarterly loss, hurt by costs linked to the closure of joint venture ST-Ericsson and weak European semiconductor demand.
April 22 - Nokia Oyj : * Says Dutch court granted injunction preventing HTC from using
* STMicro says its cost for plan slightly less than expected
PARIS, March 18 - STMicroelectronics and Ericsson will close down their mobile chip joint venture ST-Ericsson by dividing up certain product lines and employees and shutting others.
PARIS, March 12 - STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have failed to find a buyer for their lossmaking wireless electronic chip joint venture and will now consider whether to close the business down, news service Bloomberg said on its website.
STOCKHOLM/PARIS, March 11 - The chief executive of STMicroelectronics' unprofitable mobile chip-making joint venture with Sweden's Ericsson will step down at the end of the month, the companies said on Monday, ahead of a planned overhaul.
SAN FRANCISCO/PARIS - STMicroelectronics could need as much as $500 million to get out of its loss-making joint venture with Ericsson , compounding the chipmaker's problems as it battles stiff competition and weak demand.
- STMicroelectronics Announces Jean-Marc Chery as General Manager of the Embedded Processing Solutions Segment and New Appointments to the Corporate Strategic Committee
- STMicroelectronics Reveals Latest Power Technology for Greener Industry and Infrastructure
- "Places2Be" project to boost European leadership around FD-SOI - the faster, cooler, simpler chip technology
- European Project Drives the Future of Power Microelectronics
- STMicroelectronics to Webcast Investors & Analysts Day
- STMicroelectronics and Quantenna Enter Strategic Licensing Agreement
- STMicroelectronics Extends High-Efficiency Power Family Using New Energy-Saving Package
- Top Tech Analyst Updates Outlooks Following Earnings Reports from Entropic Communications, TriQuint Semiconductor, RF Micro Devices, Skyworks Solutions and STMicroelectronics
- STMicroelectronics Increases Accessibility of MEMS Motion Portfolio by Simplifying Connection to Linux Systems
- STMicroelectronics Reports on Main Resolutions to be Proposed at the 2013 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders