STMicroelectronics NV (STM.PA)
2 Dec 2016
Fri, Nov 18 2016
Nov 18 STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti told the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference in Barcelona:
PARIS, Oct 27 STMicroelectronics, which makes chips for Apple's iPhone 7, expects to improve its profitability in 2016 due to demand for smartphones and the increasing use of sensors in everything from cars to light fittings.
* Franco-Italian chipmaker is on track to deliver $100 million in annual cost savings from set-top box restructuring in 2016, CEO Carlo Bozotti said in analyst conference call
PARIS, Oct 27 STMicroelectronics expects improved profitability in 2016 after the Franco-Italian chipmaker reported higher third-quarter sales and profits helped by strong demand for smartphones and other connected items that use sensors.
* Q3 net revenues of $1.80 billion, up 5.5 pct sequentially and 1.9 pct year-over-year
* Stmicroelectronics acquires ams' nfc and rfid reader assets
* Q2 net revenues of $1.70 billion and gross margin of 33.9 pct
- Why A Breakout In InvenSense Is Imminent
- Applied Materials Is A Buy - Cramer's Lightning Round (11/17/16)
- Quicklogic: Under The Radar Semiconductor Turnaround Poised For Liftoff
- Has Microvision Lost The 'Embedded Race' For Laser Projector Modules In Smartphones?
- STMicroelectronics' (STM) CEO Carlo Bozotti on Q3 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- STMicroelectronics NV 2016 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides