Statoil ASA (STO.N)
23 Feb 2017
* Says the board of directors proposes election of Kasim Kutay and Helge Lund as new members of the board of directors at the annual general meeting
* Statoil's share of production used for benchmark to grow (Adds details on Statoil share, Statoil comment, from paragraph 9)
LONDON, Feb 7 Norway's Statoil will become more cautious in its exploration spending offshore the United States, but does not plan to leave the region, the company's exploration chief told Reuters on Tuesday.
* Shares down 1.2 percent, off earlier lows (Adds detail on output, analysts)
* Aibel and Aker Solutions have, on behalf of the licence partners, been awarded contracts for hook-up and commissioning assistance for the Johan Sverdrup field centre, phase 1, off Norway
OSLO Operational mistakes and a lack of maintenance led to near-fatal accidents at Norway's Troll field and at the Mongstad refinery, operator Statoil said on Friday.
* Statoil says bad risk assessment the main cause (Adds reaction by oil workers' union)
* Has been awarded a firm one well extension plus one optional well from Statoil
LONDON Royal Dutch Shell has been shortlisted by the U.S. government to make a bid for an offshore wind project license in the waters off North Carolina, as it comes under pressure from shareholders to diversify into green energy.
* Baker Hughes and Schlumberger will be awarded contracts for integrated drilling and well services on Cat J rigs Askepott and Askeladden