News: Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd (STP)
21 May 2013
Mon, May 20 2013
HONG KONG - In a 2010 speech before a packed ballroom of university students in Sydney, Shi Zhengrong, founder of Chinese solar-panel maker Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd, listed the people who had been important in his rise to fame and riches.
May 1 - Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd, whose main unit is in insolvency proceedings, said it would delay filing full-year results for 2012 as it needed more time to restate financial statements for the previous two years.
May 1 - Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd, whose main unit is in insolvency proceedings, said it would need more time to file restated financial statements for 2010 and 2011.
April 29 - South Korea's main KOSPI share index was down 0.2 percent at 1941.49 as of 0027 GMT.
HONG KONG, April 16 - Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd could offload its solar power generation assets in Italy, a company spokesman said on Tuesday, as the struggling Chinese solar panel maker scrambles to trim debts of more than $2 billion.
April 10 - Chinese solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd said its main operating unit in Europe had been granted a provisional two-month moratorium on debt repayments.
HONG KONG, April 10 - Cash-strapped Chinese solar panel maker Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd is seeking to sell some assets and bring in a strategic investor to repay debt and revitalise the company, a person with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.
March 27 - China-based Trina Solar Ltd and JA Solar Holdings Co Ltd said they will be able to pay for their U.S. bonds that mature in the next few months, days after rival Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd defaulted on $541 million of its bonds.
WUXI, China/HONG KONG, March 21 - The local government in Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd's home town is seeking to bail out China's biggest solar panel maker to stave off its collapse, a person with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
March 21 - Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd : * Announces that Wuxi court accepted petition for restructuring of Chinese subsidiary Wuxi Suntech * Says primary goal is to restructure Wuxi Suntech's debt obligations, while continuing production and operations * Says court has appointed an administration committee to administer the restructuring of Wuxi Suntech * Source text * Further company coverage
- Suntech Announces Preliminary Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2012
- S&P 500 Hits an All-Time Record and Deutsche Telekom AG May Raise Bid for MetroPC
- Suntech's European Subsidiary Granted Provisional Moratorium
- Suntech Receives Continued Listing Standards Notice from the New York Stock Exchange
- Today's Technical View on Suntech Power, TE Connectivity, Power-One, and Plug Power
- Suntech Announces that Wuxi Court Accepted Petition for Restructuring of Chinese Subsidiary Wuxi Suntech
- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. Announces Petition of Insolvency and Restructuring of its Chinese Subsidiary Wuxi Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Suntech Appoints Philip Fan and Weiping Zhou to Board of Directors
- Apple Inc. Shares Rise After Galaxy Launch - Futures Indicate Lower Open as the Market Takes Back Some of its Gains
- Suntech Announces Default with Respect to Its 3% Convertible Notes