News: Seagate Technology PLC (STX.O)
21 May 2013
Wed, May 1 2013
- Hard disk drive maker Seagate Technology Plc reported better-than-expected quarterly results on higher sales of its internet storage devices, and said it expects demand and pricing in the business to rise in the second half.
* Sees 4th-quarter revenue $3.3-$3.45 bln vs est $3.35 bln
- Hard disk drive maker Seagate Technology Plc posted better-than-expected quarterly results after it cut costs in the face of declining PC sales.
May 1 - Hard disk drive maker Seagate Technology Plc posted better-than-expected quarterly results after it cut costs in the face of declining PC sales.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, May 01 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has upgraded the following ratings on Seagate Technology plc (Seagate) and its subsidiaries: Seagate --Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'BBB-' from 'BB+'. Seagate HDD Cayman --IDR to 'BBB-' from 'BB+'; --Senior unsecured debt to 'BBB-' from 'BB+'. Furthermore, Fitch has affirmed the credit facility rating for the co-borrowers, Seagate and Seagate HDD Cayman, at 'BBB-' and withdrawn the IDR and sec
- Seagate Technology Plc forecast third-quarter revenue below analysts' estimates, on muted demand for its hard disk drives as consumers pick smartphones and tablets over PCs, sending its shares down 4 percent after the bell.
NEW YORK, Jan 28 - Seagate Technology PLC : * Shares turned lower in after-hours trading and were last down 5.6 percent.
Jan 28 - Hard drive maker Seagate Technology Plc's second-quarter net revenue rose about 15 percent to $3.67 billion.
NEW YORK, Jan 28 - Seagate Technology PLC : * Shares rise 2.9 percent in extended trade after earnings
- Hard drive maker Seagate Technology Plc said it expects to report higher second-quarter revenue than its previous forecast, sending its shares up 9 percent.
- Don't Forget To Buy A Commodity That's Going Up Instead Of Down: Memory
- Bull Market Speed Bump #1: All News Is Good News (Confirmation Bias)
- Tracking David Einhorn's Portfolio - Q1 2013 Update
- Desktop Computers May Be Gone, But Western Digital Isn't
- Hutchinson Technology: Extraordinarily Undervalued, About To Become A Lot Less So
- Jim Chanos Is Shorting Seagate, Should You?
- Seagate Technology Announces Cash Tender Offer for Outstanding 7.75% Senior Notes Due 2018 and 6.800% Senior Notes Due 2016
- Seagate Technology Announces Pricing of Senior Notes Offering
- Seagate Technology Announces Offering of $1.0 Billion of Senior Notes
- Seagate Delivers on Solid State Strategy: Unveils Complete SSD Product Line
- EVault Donates Backup and Recovery Services to San Francisco’s Hamilton Family Center
- Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- EVault Launches Industry-Pioneering Cloud Disaster Recovery Service in EMEA
- EVault Volunteering At the Front Lines of Hunger Relief as Part of National Volunteer Month
- Seagate to Report Fiscal Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results on May 1, 2013
- StockCall Early Morning Insight into Seagate Technology, SanDisk, Western Digital, and OCZ Technology