News: Syngenta AG (SYT)
26 Nov 2014
Tue, Nov 25 2014
- China’s barriers to imports of some U.S. genetically modified crops are disrupting seed companies' plans for new product launches and keeping at least one variety out of the U.S. market altogether.
* Measures will affect around 1,800 jobs (Adds details on cost-savings plan)
ZURICH, Nov 24 - Syngenta said on Monday its cost-cutting programme should reap $265 million in savings next year as part of its long-term plan to boost profitability.
(Adds details, background, ADM quote, Syngenta comment; adds byline)
Nov 19 - Archer Daniels Midland Co. sued seed company Syngenta AG on Wednesday over rejections by China of a genetically modified corn variety not approved for import by Beijing.
CHICAGO - A federal appeals court has opened the door for Syngenta Seeds to revive a lawsuit it brought against Bunge North America in 2011 over the agribusiness company's refusal of a type of genetically modified corn.
CHICAGO, Oct 20 - A federal appeals court has opened the door for Syngenta Seeds to revive a lawsuit it brought against Bunge North America in 2011 over the agribusiness company's refusal of a type of genetically modified corn.
ZURICH - Syngenta , the world's No. 1 crop chemicals maker, said its 2014 profit margin would be hit by an unfavorable shift in crops from corn to soybean in North America and lower than expected prices for its products in Latin America.
* Sales growth expected to accelerate in Q4 - CEO (Adds detail, share price, analyst, quotes)
Oct 16 - Syngenta AG : * Indicated 1.2 higher in pre-market indications
- Is It Time To Shift Into European Equities?
- What Does The U.S. Dollar Bull Market Mean For European Equities?
- Dumpster Diving The Dividend Contenders
- Low Commodity Prices Create Buying Opportunities In The Agricultural Sector
- 4 Safe Large-Cap Companies With Strong Dividend Yields
- Dividend Contenders, Future Champions Or Future Failures: Part 2