Syngenta AG (SYT)
24 Aug 2016
Tue, Aug 23 2016
WASHINGTON, Aug 23 The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing in late September to discuss the mergers of Dow Chemical Co and Dupont Co as well as China National Chemical Corp's purchase of Syngenta AG, committee chair Charles Grassley said in a statement on Tuesday.
A U.S. national security panel has cleared ChemChina's $43 billion takeover of Swiss pesticides and seeds group Syngenta , the companies said, boosting chances that the largest foreign acquisition ever by a Chinese company will go through.
* Syngenta shares jump 11 percent in early trade (Adds U.S. senator, professor comments, updates share price)
ChemChina's $43 billion acquisition of Syngenta AG is in the final stages of being cleared by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), which scrutinizes deals for national security implications, people familiar with the matter said.
LONDON, Aug 22 Swiss shares outperformed a flat European stock market on Monday, boosted by a jump in Swiss chemical company Syngenta after a bid by ChemChina to buy the firm was cleared by a U.S. watchdog.
Syngenta, the world's largest pesticides maker being taken over by state-owned ChemChina, still expects the deal to close this year despite concerns that U.S. regulators could throw a spanner in the works, it said on Friday.
* Syngenta ceo says we are focused on getting ChemChina deal done
* Stock offers about 20 pct upside to investors betting on deal (Adds CFO quote, stock upside, analyst)
* CFO says going into 2nd half currencies are looking to have fairly neutral effect
* Cfo says going into 2nd half currencies are looking to have fairly neutral effect
- Tracking Larry Robbins' Glenview Capital Management Portfolio - Q2 2016 Update
- Wall Street Breakfast: Pfizer To Buy AstraZeneca Antibiotics Ops
- 75% Gain From Bidder War As Pfizer Beats All Challengers
- Wall Street Breakfast: Pfizer To Buy Medivation For $14B
- Elon Musk: Will He Or Won't He?
- Monsanto Facing Some Hard Decisions