News: Telefonica SA (TEF.MC)
21 May 2013
SAO PAULO - Spanish telecoms group Telefonica SA has put on hold plans to publicly list its Latin America unit, a senior executive said on Tuesday, but an IPO could be ready within a few months if the need arose.
MADRID, May 21 - More than half a million Spaniards switched mobile phone operator in March to take advantage of the cheap deals on offer from competitors, with the market's main players Telefonica and Vodafone the biggest losers.
Underlying govt bond Over Mid-swaps, equivalent to 221.6
MADRID, May 14 - Telefonica, Europe's biggest telecoms provider by revenue, opened books on a six-year euro-denominated benchmark bond on Tuesday, IFR Markets, a Thomson Reuters news and markets analysis service, reported.
MADRID, May 10 - France Telecom's Orange will launch superfast mobile Internet in Spain on July 8 in six cities, making it the first to make 4G services widely available in the country and beating rival Yoigo by a matter of days.
FRANKFURT/MADRID - Three of Europe's biggest telecom operators reported lower revenues on Wednesday, blaming the weak European economy and stiff regulation while seeing some bright spots in markets abroad.
* D.Telekom, Telefonica, T.Italia report lower Q1 revenues
MADRID - Spanish telecoms company Telefonica said on Wednesday it would not sell its unit in Colombia and was beginning talks with the Colombian government, also a shareholder, to find ways to capitalize the business and increase liquidity.
FRANKFURT/MADRID - Two of Europe's biggest telecom operators reported lower revenues on Wednesday, blaming the weak European economy and stiff regulation while seeing some bright spots in markets abroad.
- Telefonica's CEO Discusses Q1 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- 3 Valuable Lessons From an Obscure Corner of the Market
- 5 Ways Dividend Stocks Can Come Back to Bite You
- Alcatel's Turnaround Continues With Ultra-Fast Networks in Spain
- TeliaSonera Is Still A Good Dividend Investment
- Why Vodafone Is Poised to Keep Rallying
- Telefónica's Net Profit Grows by 20.6% to 902 Million Euros in the First Quarter of 2013
- Global telecom provider Telefonica chooses TOA Technologies as its worldwide partner for mobile field service management solutions
- StockCall Pre-Market Review on VeriSign, Telefonica, AT&T Inc., TW Telecom, and BCE Inc.
- Telefonica Launches Cloud Storage Services for Businesses, Powered by CTERA
- Telefónica Ends 2012 with Net Profit of 3,928 Million Euros after Write-Offs Totalling 2,536 Million
- Telefonica I+D and Infinera First to Demonstrate 10Tb/s of Super-Channel Capacity
- Telefónica`s Net Profit to September up by 26.4% at 3,455 Million Euros
- 3Q12 Results: Telefonica Brasil S.A.
- REG - Telefonica SA - Senior Management Appointments
- REG - Telefonica SA - EMTN Notes